Nurnberg finds postcards and DJ sigrunes

ewan0939

Thanks Received
Good Afternoon all,

Not long home from a week in Nurnberg. What a beautiful place full of history for me and the Christmas market and shopping for my wife.
As we all know Nurnberg was heavily bombed in WW2, but they did a great job rebuilding it in the same styles, and plenty of TR sites to visit.
I would highly recommend it for a visit but for at least 5 - 7 days so you do not miss out.

I picked up 3 x DJ sigrunes, more about them in separate post and 2 x postcards. 1 x postcard is of a youth wearing a shoulderboard with J on it showing he was from Munich and dated 21 Feb 1941.

The other postcard is also dated 1941, it shows a HJ leader wearing music shoulder boards a Hochland Edelweiss on his right collar, I cannot read his arm triangle but note he is wearing a traditions triangle and a HJ and Party Membership badges on his left pocket. On the rear of the postcard is written I think ? :

Viktor ? fallen in summer 1941 in Kampf Gegen ? Russia. Can I ask f this is correct ? and if anyone has any more information on this HJ leader ?

Best regards.....Ewan

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Ewan,

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay.
The inscription says:
MZ (Motorzug?)-Führer Viktor Klausner, gefallen im Sommer 1941 im Kampf gegen Rußland!
English: MZ (Motorzug?) leader Viktor Klausner, killed in action against Russia in the summer of 1941!
So you interpreted that correctly.

Hi Ewan

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay.
The inscription says:
MZ (Motorzug?)-Führer Viktor Klausner, gefallen im Sommer 1941 im Kampf gegen Rußland!
English: MZ (Motorzug?) leader Viktor Klausner, killed in action against Russia in the summer of 1941!
So you interpreted that correctly.

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your translation. Nurnberg was fantastic, Munich next I hope.

Best regards...Ewan

Best regards, Pele

Attachments

Hi Pete,

Many thanks for posting Victors death notice, a bit more information on a forgotten soldier RIP.

Best regards....Ewan

Back