Obergebietsführer Lanyard ( black /white ).

Thanks Received
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Would like to share my Obergebietsführer lanyard with you . It seems that this is a very rare to find Führerschnur.

Attachments

Hi,
the Obergebietsführer lanyard was sliver/black but yours looks white/black. A silver thread was included when these were made so should be visible. Also the metal attachment is the type used on female lanyards. Not looking good for this being an authentic Obergebietsführer lanyard imo.

Hey Crack, thanks for your reply on my pictures. I fully agree to you concerning the little hook that was used for female lanyards only. The fabrication of my black/white lanyard is exactly the same as for this Oberbannführer lanyard

I have attached here. Material width and length exactly as I can see it from each green/white Gefolgschftsführer lanyard. Even when the lanyard should show a silver/black appearance we know from several Wehrmacht , SS and other items that sometimes silver had been replaced by white. So I need help to ID my lanyard. What else than a HJ lanyard it should be ? Does anybody have pictures of a Obergebietsfürher lanyard to compare? Does anybody know if there were sometimes black/ white Obrgebietsführer lanyards in use ?

These are not that difficult to make as I remember from another thread on the forum so caution is always advised. Not saying that yours is definitely a modern knock-up but the colours are certainly not as described in period sources. It also has a female catch as was already pointed out. The 1939 RZM price list for example describes the lanyard as "aluminium/black" and as Crack says, another source shows that metal was indeed worked into the lanyard during manufacture.

The "late-war = bad quality/deviation from regulations" argument would not apply to these as they were not used after March 1939. From that point lanyards ceased to denote rank and began to show the wearer's appointment meaning that an Obergebietsführer in charge of a HJ Gebiet wore a black lanyard. If he wasn't in charge of a Gebiet he would not wear any lanyard.

Thanks Gary for much information on my lanyard. Does anybody have a photo of a fine Obergebietsführer lanyard ? Indeed they seem to be rare to find. A picture would help to detect fakes .

Unforunately I only have photos of early Gebietsführer or of Obergebietsführer not wearing a lanyard. Hopefully other members will find something.

Back