Otto Hoffmann - Wittmann Antiques -Again!

Thanks Received
Thomas Wittmann at his best. Asking only $125.- for a known, modern fake. This one is even more modern than the older fake Hoffmann marked badges, and sports the coffin pin attachment. Obverse is also a mess.
My advice to younger collectors, STAY AWAY FROM WITTMANN ANTIQUES.
Offering crap like this in 2018, clearly shows he has learnt NOTHING.

Internal link to thread about Otto Hoffmann Badges

WITTMANN LINK
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Yeah, Wittmann's testes scuttled off in utter embarrassment long ago... He's a caricature, an anachronism, a MAX ring master and an a###...

Hi Jo,

here is a trader who must be hiding some very dirty laundry. His magic works so well each year, he always gets new customers who will discover the truth when they will sell their collections. I wonder why the organizers of Max show or SOS accept him every year ..... blatant complicity or credulity ???

IMO it is both Widukind. We call this the "good old boy" network in the U.S. when a group of dishonest or corrupt people get together and vouch for each other or help each other cheat someone out of money.

I like his motto on the top of the page. If you squint just right it looks like "Screwing the Collecting Community Since 1981."

IMO it is both Widukind. We call this the "good old boy" network in the U.S. when a group of dishonest or corrupt people get together and vouch for each other or help each other cheat someone out of money.
Sounds like this:

Thomas Wittmann at his best. Asking only $125.- for a known, modern fake. This one is even more modern than the older fake Hoffmann marked badges, and sports the coffin pin attachment. Obverse is also a mess.
My advice to younger collectors, STAY AWAY FROM WITTMANN ANTIQUES.
Offering crap like this in 2018, clearly shows he has learnt NOTHING.

I'm sure it will be explained away like "oh, (insert name of dealer's conveniently unknowledgeable but super-eager employee/wife) put that one up on the site before I noticed. My bad!"

If asked, I'm sure the T-man's table helper would be able conjure up some reason why Hoffmann badges are good though...

I'm sure the T-man's table helper would be able conjure up some reason why Hoffmann badges are good though...
"I removed one from a Himmler presentation crossbow once, and when I placed it on the workbench, I noticed out of the corner of my eye, that it was doing a little wiggle. And besides that, C`mon... who would fake an HJ diamond, to make, like...what? twenty five dollars... giggle giggle sneer sneer chortle chortle."

One more nail in the coffin for this old-school dealer. No way this badges can not be noticed by a man who says he has "worked hard to serve the worldwide collecting community, earning their respect through years of honesty, integrity and knowledge of our subject. " He knows nothing about the Hoffmann badge although it can be found instant in a Google search...

Attachments

In a recent video he made, he clearly sates, that in the 1980`s, he knew - actually he incorperates everyone else too - "nothing about daggers back then".
Quote; "In the 1980`s, none of us knew anything about daggers" In that same video he does say that he was collecting since the 1960`s, but didnt know that anyone else collected Third Reich items until 1975!
Strange that, seeing as there were plenty of collectors books written well before 1975.

In any case, I am going to do a 180° and actually agree with something Wittmann said, for once in my life.
In the same recent video, he says that forum users acuse him of being: Old Wittmann`s a shyster, and makes all these things in his workshop.
I agree, and can attest to this. This really is, what forum users are saying, so that`s been fact checked and gets the green light!

I'm sure it will be explained away like "oh, (insert name of dealer's conveniently unknowledgeable but super-eager employee/wife) put that one up on the site before I noticed. My bad!"

If asked, I'm sure the T-man's table helper would be able conjure up some reason why Hoffmann badges are good though...

Has he come up with an explanation for trying to "do a Hoffmann" yet? I suspect that if he does it will most definitely be along the lines of what you said. Unless of course he really is turning into Snyder :w00t:

No idea, he`ll probably mention this in his next video.. "These are now said to be fake too..by the same foreigner who said my Ay-del-whys crap paper was fake. who would fake a 25 dollar item like this.. sneer sneer" - forgetting he`s asking 125 for it.
No hope, all is lost when it comes to The Cuban. If you can list this, as well as the recent daggers and ss crap he has, after so long in the hobby, then it is deliberate, no excuses.
He just does not care.
Wittmann banned me from his YouTube channel :) I trolled the crap out of him for a few weeks, and see now that all the negative comments from others are gone too, and he only has the ass-kissing posts left up, praising him.

Back