Question for you knowledgeable collectors about this Schlageter tinnie

Thanks Received
Hitler-Jugend Bann Süd-Holstein Schlageter-Gedenktag 26.5.1923

This tinnie appears to be a gold or brass color. I have only seen it in silver. Is this a variant or has wear or something altered its finish? If this is its true finish is $125 to much for it?

Joe

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

The silver finish is wearing off of the example you posted. I don't think there is a bronze variant.

Here is my example...purchased from LTC John Angolia. Pictured in his HJ Volume 2 reference book.

Attachments

Here is my example. Hope it helps and adds to the thread :)

Attachments

The badge is for a memorial day in south Holstein remembering the fallen Schlageter (26.5.1923 Day of his execution) taken place in Bann 185 Süd Holstein, Bad Oldesloe, Nord Nordmark.

This tinnie appears to be a gold or brass color. I have only seen it in silver. Is this a variant or has wear or something altered its finish? If this is its true finish is $125 to much for it?
Joe
I think yours and mine are the same base plate (brass maybe?) with the gold colour underneath the paint. Where as Collect100's looks to be a different base plate tinnie all together.

Joe...I would try to locate one with more of the original silver finish remaining. On the tinnie you posted, there is silver finish still remaining in the recessed text and corners/edges, but little on the flat surface of the tinnie.

Hello everyone, this is my tinnie. It seems that this tinnie easily loses its properties over the years, it does not age well. It is not a very common tinnie and is difficult to find in good condition.

Attachments

Many thanks to all that that gave the same good information and advice to me. I appreciate your responses and will continue to look for another one.
Joe

Back