Reichsberufswettkampf Beteiligungs-Urkunde/Ehren Urkunde

mkholst

Thanks Received
I have two "Urkunden" from RBW 1939.

First one is this - size A5:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Ond now this one I just got in today - size A4:

I know the first one is only a participant "Urkunde", but I do not know what it took to get an "Ehren Urkunde".

Do any of you forum members know what the difference is ??

I know that the first on is a

Michael :denmark

Attachments

Nice one. In my opinion, the difference lies in the "gute Leistungen" (good performances) delivered. It wasn't enough to win, but it was good enough for a top ranking. Better than mere participation. That's why it's called a Ehrenurkunde (Certificate of Honour).

Yes, as Jack says, those awarded the certificate were in the top percentage of results in that year in their trade group.

Hi Jack and Gerry

I buy it, it sounds very believable. "More wants more" it would then just be nice to know how many in each competition category got this "Ehren Urkunde", but we will probably never find out.

So now I just want to enjoy my nice new stuff for the collection.

THANK YOU for your input :clap2:

Michael :denmark

Although it's clear that these certificates were given to those who had produced a very good result, I don't know anything more than that really. The 1938 book "Der Reichsberufswettkampf" doesn't even mention these certificates let alone show them. What the book does describe is a move away from previous RBWK which tended to concentrate more on the Reichssieger in terms of career support and development onto a broader support for Kreis, Gau and Reichsieger plus what it calls "Begabte" (talented persons) in order to motivate more of the present and future workforce into becoming better at their trades. Perhaps this "Gute Leistung" certificate is a part of that. Those who won at the various stages of the RBWK enjoyed a support network including financial support for vocational training so perhaps the certificate was a way into this network for those who were worthy of development assistance but had simply not won a badge. Difficult to say without any further evidence but it makes sense.

I can only agree with Garry's arguments. Exact figures will not be found on the honorary certificates (Ehrenurkunde). I have compiled and translated a few things from Buddrus on the RBWK (I hope that everything is reasonably comprehensible).

Warning: extremely long and perhaps also boring article, based on Buddrus, chapter 7.2

Some facts and figures on the RBWK
In 1934, the first year, 500,000 young people took part, which in a multi-stage selection process comprising 15 occupational groups and four - later twelve - performance classes at local (Ort), district (Kreis) and regional (Gau) level to determine the participants in the final competition, which took place on 27 April 1934 in Berlin.

The 15 winners (Reichssieger) got a ceremony with Hitler on 1 May 1934, later every year.

In the 2,000 localities in which in 1934 about 56,000 local and 2,200 Gau winners were determined, 500 of whom took part in the Reichsendausscheid.

The participants in the Reichsberufswettkampf had to pass theoretical and practical vocational examinations as well as (of course, because hey it's HJ) ideological and sporting inspections.

In the three-part occupational theory part of the Reichsberufswettkampf, occupational questions on the subjects of materials science, tool science and the execution of work had to be answered in four hours, a closed work process had to be described, the relationships and tasks of one's own occupation within the framework of the overall economy had to be presented, knowledge of rationalisation had to be demonstrated ("fight against spoilage", "utilisation of old material", substitution of raw materials) and socio-political questions ("beauty of work", protection at work and accidents) had to be discussed; in addition, there were tasks in technical arithmetic and an essay. In the practical vocational part, mostly products typical for the occupation had to be produced or corresponding skills had to be demonstrated in four hours.

Number of participants in Reichsberufswettkampf: 1934 - 500,000; 1935 - 750,000; 1936 - 1,036,000; 1937 - 1.8 million; 1938 - 2,078,966 youths and 623,967 adults; 1939 - 3.5 million youths and adults,

including more than one million girls or young women. From 1938 onwards, adults could also participate, but there were not very many of them.

The aim from 1936 onwards (rearmament in the course of the Four-Year Plan) was to train more skilled workers and have fewer unskilled workers.

In "Professional Practice" the participants achieved the following results in 1937,
in brackets the values of 1936, figures in percentages: Note 1 (best grade, A) - 9.5 (5.7); Note 2 (B) - 34.8 (34.4); Note 3 (C) - 44.2 (38.1); Note 4 (D) - 11.5 (22.1); the "Reichsübersicht über die Ergebnisse der Berufstheorie" lists the following results: Note 1 - 6.0 (2.4); Note 2 - 35.2 (30.4); Note 3 - 39.0 (41.3); Note 4 - 19.8 (25.9);
Here one could derive a slight indication of the quantity of honorary certificates (Ehrenurkunde).

At the final competition of the Reichsberufswettkampf 1938 in Hamburg, 6,352 of about 37,700 Gaus winners took part.

With the start of the war, the competition went into hiatus; I'm omitting the revival in 1943/44, which was quite a flop, otherwise the article will become really exhausting.

Oh my, I can't open the table (that Gold Donator thing blocks me :confused1:) . I was so busy translating that I didn't search through everything again beforehand.
Even though it might already be there somewhere:

The final competitions (Reichskampf) among the Gau winners took place in Berlin in 1934, in Saarbrücken in 1935, in Königsberg in 1936, in Munich in 1937, in Hamburg in 1938 and in Cologne in 1939.

And very briefly:
The main reason for the short-lived wartime revival was the glaring shortage of young skilled workers.

Works perfectly now, Garry. Thanks.
And I know now that I could have done without the location information. :biggrin1:

Back