RJF jacket

P

peterB

Hi all

What do you think of this RJF jacket for an Obergefolgschaftsführer? The jacket appears to be in good condition, nearly unworn but the shoulderboards seem to have suffered a bit from damp. The pips(?) are a bit corroded and the shoulderboard piping seems to have discoloured in places.

Simple questions just to get me started. Does it look genuine? What is it significance of the ribbon at the top buttonhole?Any tips to stop the corrosion/discolouration getting any worse? What sort of value should I be looking at?

More pics available if needed.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

More clear photos are needed for me to comment on originality personally. I see some good signs but can't for sure say it's good or not.

I agree with Gefolgschaft , We will need better and clearer/sharper photos . The one photo that shows the strap is ok and that strap is good .

Better pictures

Hi

Some better pictures for you. One or two more to follow

Attachments

more pics

last of the pics for now.

Attachments

Hi
what surprise me is the quality of the jacket ,it should be not wool ,the rest look good.

Much better. It all appears to be good to me from the additional photos. The straps are good, but discolored. The jacket does not appear to have the stains on it like the straps, so perhaps they were added at some point, or the insignia was restored. The jacket appears to be wool, like bertl59 says which is surprising.

Are the buttons Rzm marked on the inside ? If so can you take a few pics of the details , the topsides and the underneath that shows the markings ?

Are the buttons Rzm marked on the inside ? If so can you take a few pics of the details , the topsides and the underneath that shows the markings ?

Hi Joe. The buttons are marked RZM m5/98 and also marked 20 1/2 M/M.

Attachments

pic of topside of button

pic of topside of button

Attachments

The jacket was from PH.BAKER collection

Hi Everybody,

Yes, you are right and this Jacket is not HJ but SA...I am very surprised that no one reacted, the wool of the jacket used is much too dark. I can see an HJ label, but this does not guarantee anything. For me, the label was added after the war, the price is not the same, just my opinion.

Best Regards
Eric

I was always surprise by this label on this kind of wool jacket . Like you Eric i thought first its a SA jacket and a later add from a HJ label could be an explaination. I agree with you

this Jacket is not HJ but SA...I am very surprised that no one reacted, the wool of the jacket used is much too dark

Maybe this helps: drawings from the 1938 RZM manufacturing regulations,
the SA tunic in contrary to the HJ version.

Attachments

Thanks Wilhelm for the comparison.
I only see a difference in the pocket rag. Or am I wrong?

so the shown tunic is not SA.
Hi Wim,

The tunic is definitely not SA due to the difference with the bottom pockets and collar worn by SA.
I think more of another paramilitary organization. The color of the tunic bothers me a lot, it should be either mustard or feldgrau towards the end of the war.

Widukind: In post 12 you say it is SA, now you say it is definitely not!!

The tunic possibly is indeed HJ, as there were many experiments with
the color for the HJ during the years. Color-plates do show a somewhat
strange color.
What paramilitary organization do you think about?

Back