RZM tag on MHJ cap

Thanks Received
Would like opinions on this tag attached to a MHJ cap. The maker seems to be listed as 1126 or is it a letter at the end? The Saris handbook goes up to 1003. I posted same question elsewhere but no response to date.

To offer my opinion on the cap, it appears to me to be period. There were numerous makers of MHJ caps and there is quite a variety in the construction of such caps. Meaning, the location of the RZM tags vary from cap to cap, most though have the RZM tag just to right of center when viewing the cap upside down and from the back. Like this example with the tag in question.

There are also private purchase MHJ caps that have no RZM tags but extremely well made with various tags and inscriptions located under the sweatbands. Even with RZM tagged caps, most are not as well made as this one with the frame itself having the diamond celluloid on fabric integrally attached.

Most RZM tagged caps are fairly standard without the integral to frame fabric, just the frame basically and the cover pulled down over the frame without the extra integral fabric.

However, as I said, not all RZM tagged caps are the same.

This one caught my eye due to the maker number and I am trying to determine who the maker was. It is possible that the cap was put together at some point, and when I see a school tally on these, I tend to think that the more common school tallies were obtained in lieu of town identified Form 1 and Form 2 tallies and put on a frame. To me not a big deal as long as all the parts are period.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, John

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

By the way, looking at old threads here, and to clarify placement of RZM tags on MHJ caps, while there might have been a rule/regulation about placement, they do vary. Some MHJ caps have the tags to the left of back centerline as opposed to the more common right placement. Some few caps have them at 90-degree placement to rear centerline.

you did not handle the correct list as in my handbook there is no
list of headgear manufacturers.
1126 is the company of K. H. Flauder from Minden (Westfalen)

The list of headgear manufacturers (A1 and A2) is in volume 6
of the series "Headgear of Hitler's Germany". This book is only
available through me!

Back