SCHI-Lager 1937 der Fränk. H.J Gebiet 18 20.12.1936 -10.4.1937

Thanks Received
You don't have permission to view attachments.

This just came in the mail today. I have not seen it before. I doubt that it is a common one.
Joe

Attachments

There is a little on this Skilager in the Gebiet orders of Gebiet Franken from October 1936 when these skiing courses were announced and in another from 1.4.1936 announcing the end of the Skilager:

The course duration was approx two weeks and initially seven courses were planned which ran consecutively from the 20th of Dec 1936 until the 27th of March 1937. The order states that further courses would be allocated if required and indeed, an 8th course was later added. However, due to unfavourable weather conditions the last course finished on the 4th of April instead of the 10th.

The courses (beginner and advanced) were held on the Oberjoch in Allgäu. The accommodation huts for course attendees were located at:

untere Schwand
obere Schwand
Ochsenalpe
vordere Wiedhag
hintere Wiedhag

Hi Garry,
A mountain of knowledge on a small tinnie, every day is a learning day, fab.

No probs Ewan. Sometimes the info is there in the orders and if it is, it's nice to find it and to be able to shed a little light on the background to these nice badges :thumb:

There is a little on this Skilager in the Gebiet orders of Gebiet Franken from October 1936 when these skiing courses were announced and in another from 1.4.1936 announcing the end of the Skilager:

The course duration was approx two weeks and initially seven courses were planned which ran consecutively from the 20th of Dec 1936 until the 27th of March 1937. The order states that further courses would be allocated if required and indeed, an 8th course was later added. However, due to unfavourable weather conditions the last course finished on the 4th of April instead of the 10th.

The courses (beginner and advanced) were held on the Oberjoch in Allgäu. The accommodation huts for course attendees were located at:

untere Schwand
obere Schwand
Ochsenalpe
vordere Wiedhag
hintere Wiedhag
Thank you for this information, Gary. I’m adding it to my files!

Back