Searching for Info on Ed. Wusthof HJ knife

Thanks Received
Hello,

I've been looking at a Edouard Wusthof HJ knife recently. It is a transitional with ricasso and the "Blut und Ehre" inscription on the obverse and the maker on the reverse of the blade. It has good rivet appearance and passes the emblem movement test, but it has no RZM markings nor does it have the Wusthof emblem/logo next to the Wusthof name like I've seen on others. I'm new to this so I'm not sure if there has been any Wusthof fakes. What is everyone's opinion of the missing Wusthof logo and the lack of a RZM? Is this just one of those transitional variations?

Robert

Last edited:
Requested pics

I went back today and this time I did note there is indeed the Trident mark of the manufacturer. Pics aren't the greatest, but I didn't have the space nor the lighting to get better ones, and the top part strap is intact and functioning. The blade has been sharpened. The scabbard has the cotton still on the retainer spring. Please give me your opinions as to this knife being all original and what price range it should be in (if feasible).

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Yep, seems to be a good transitional Wusthof as you say. Prices for HJ knives are pretty astronomical on some of these dealer sites and to be honest I have no idea what a knife like yours is really worth. sorry I couldnt be more helpful but maybe other members can help.

Back