Shoulderboards for Gebiet triangle - West Westmark

Thanks Received
Hello ! Im looking for a pair of HJ shoulderbords that can go with my distrikt triangle WEST WESTMARK ! Please Help me out ! Thanks !
Kindest Regards Markus Ekberg

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Markus,

Welcome to the forum. Do you want to know which Bann numbers fit your triangle or are you looking to buy some straps (then this is the wrong section)?
Since your triangle is type I, you definitely need the earlier brown shoulderstraps (best are the ones with Roman Unterbann numbering) as well.

Regards,
Jack

Hello Jack ! Thanks Very Much for the info ! I didnt know It was a 1 type triangle! Is it still Bann nr 28,29& 68,69 & 243-248 & 258 & 354,355 ? Or is this only for later triangles ? How do you tell its a Early Triangle? Thanks
Kindest Regards Markus

Hi Markus,
There are two variants of triangles - the 1933 pattern and the 1936 pattern. The first variant has finer and squiggly letters (you can see this for example on the large W, the lower left squiggle). The 1936 pattern has stronger letters, but is also simplified.
The numbers fit as you have named them.

Ok �� Thanks ! You dont have a pair of HJ shoulderbords for sale ? By the way ? ����

So This is a later 1936 version ? Am I Right Mr Jack ?

Attachments

Exactly, Markus, the one in your second picture is the 1936 pattern. The first one is of course the rarer one.
And unfortunately, no, I don't have anything for sale. I own a total of 3 pairs, because I am not a collector ;-).
But I see that you have posted your request in the right category, I'll keep my fingers crossed that someone will respond.

Hi Markus,

Welcome to the forum. Do you want to know which Bann numbers fit your triangle or are you looking to buy some straps (then this is the wrong section)?
Since your triangle is type I, you definitely need the earlier brown shoulderstraps (best are the ones with Roman Unterbann numbering) as well.

Regards,
Jack

I don't think this is correct Jack. Entirely conceivable that someone who bought an early triangle could still have been using it when stocks of the post-1938 straps began to arrive. There was no order that I'm aware of that forced personnel to ditch early triangles for later ones.

I did not claim that a change of triangle would have been mandatory, Crack. I will readily admit that it is not impossible that someone, if he was still in the HJ four or five years later, could have continued to wear the old triangle.
But you will confirm that an early triangle is much more likely to be accompanied by early shoulderstraps, and that they fit better, won't you?
@Markus: Please erase the "definitely" and replace it with "better" ;-).

I did not claim that a change of triangle would have been mandatory, Crack. I will readily admit that it is not impossible that someone, if he was still in the HJ four or five years later, could have continued to wear the old triangle.
But you will confirm that an early triangle is much more likely to be accompanied by early shoulderstraps, and that they fit better, won't you?
@Markus: Please erase the "definitely" and replace it with "better" ;-).

Regards,
Jack

I didn't accuse you of claiming that a change would be mandatory but see your above quote. You do seem to be telling the member that he has to go exclusively for the brown straps due to the early triangle. I'm not in disagreement that an early triangle would logically go with an early strap but it isn't the only option as it would be equally as legitimate to pair the early triangle with the later black straps.

Why "four or five years"? Again, it is conceivable that someone was given an early triangle in decent condition previously worn by an ex-member of the HJ or that he himself owned an early spare that was not much used. I'm not really seeing valid grounds for the haughty tone here...

A haughty tone? Maybe you should rethink your choice of words here.
The others are welcome to let me know if they feel the same way.
Until then, I'm going to take a longer break here, because I really don't need this kind of thing.
Ciao - and have a good time.

Jack, you've been here for what, the last 1 1/2 years of the 12 years of this forum's existence? I'm not the most prolific member here in terms of posts but I have been here since 2012 and yet I don't feel that I have any right to demand attention from other members, set them ultimatums and hissy fit around the place. Why are you trying to throw your weight about? This should be about the information, not about you. What you said to the member about the exclusive relationship between early triangles and early straps is incorrect but you must enjoy your break if you feel that it's something you need...

haughty tone, demand attention from other members, set them ultimatums and hissy fit around the place.

Alright, alright, you've convinced me - wild, deliberately wrong? interpretations of my statements (ultimatum is really well done) and quite a lack of good manners. Compliments.
And now you can step up your game here, but I'm not going to respond to it anymore.

Good morning Jack and Crack,

Jack,I have spoken to you a few times on this forum and find you a nice helpful guy, I think your comments were very valid in relation to the question's about the triangle and shoulder boards and helpful. Crack, I have also spoken to you on numerous occasions and you are helpful and a straight to the point guy, with truly a fountain of knowledge, on the HJ etc and you added more detail to the original question with your answer which is great. I find with HJ etc everyday is a learning day for everybody, there are no experts on here, no matter how long you have been on the forum or not, I find the forum is all about people being civil to each other, and helping each other and like minded people with an interest in the HJ DJ etc. I have given my opinion in the past on items posted on this forum and have been told that I am wrong, big time lol, and the correct information was posted, which is great.
I think it would be a great loss to the forum and me personally, if Jack stopped answering questions and passing on what he know's ref HJ,German history and its language etc.
Let's all enjoy the massive benefits of being a member of this forum and enjoy ourselves.

Best regards....Ewan :spain

Back