Signature of Erich Jahn?

Thanks Received
I assume this document was signed by Erich Jahn. Can that be true? It is not easy to find information about Erich Jahn and the ones I find are quite contradictory. One source says that he became a member of the NSDAP in 1929, while another says in 1931. According to further information, he became a member of HJ in 1928. He is also only mentioned as Gebietsführer, not as Obergebietsführer.

I would appreciate if anyone has information about Erich Jahn.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Michael Buddrus: Totale Erziehung für den totalen Krieg. Part 2, page 1159:
“Erich Jahn born 23 July 1907. Member of NSDAP from 1. February 1931, member number 452.201. After Bismarckjugend, from 1928 member of HJ. … “

Attachments

From 1934 to January 1943, the head of the Personalamt/Personnel Office (and later superordinate of the Hauptamt/Main Office I) was Heinz-Hugo JOHN (1904-1944), at the same time "HJ-Oberrichter", chief of the HJ jurisdiction (from 1937, Buddrus, p. 1083f.). He held the rank of Obergebietsführer, which is also confirmed by your letter. So you can be sure that it is John's signature, not Jahn's.

Heinz-Hugo John

Attachments

From 1934 to January 1943, the head of the Personalamt/Personnel Office (and later superordinate of the Hauptamt/Main Office I) was Heinz-Hugo JOHN (1904-1944), at the same time "HJ-Oberrichter", chief of the HJ jurisdiction (from 1937, Buddrus, p. 1083f.). He held the rank of Obergebietsführer, which is also confirmed by your letter. So you can be sure that it is John's signature, not Jahn's.

Thank you very much for letting me know! Great information. I guess that makes the document even better than I thought.

You are right, the content of the letter is also very interesting. The father of a boy who was apparently disciplined in some way succeeded with his objection at the very, very top of the hierarchy. And the Jungbannführer got a slap on the wrist (at least that's what they say). In the very early years, penal cases were handled by the personnel office in the RJF on the side, so to speak.
It could not have been an expulsion from the DJ, as assumed by the father, because this could only have been ordered by the RJF in 1934.

Back