SIGNED PHOTO OF HJ LEADER

Thanks Received
Hi everyone,
don't get on the forum much nowadays as really busy but when I do it's great to see some old faces on here still. Anyway, during working from home I've been sorting through some photos and came across this Signed portrait photo of a HJ Leader. Looking at his shoulderstrap he looks to be a Gebeitsführer or above. Its signed 8th April 1938, does anyone have any idea who it is?
You don't have permission to view attachments.
I can't quite make out the signature, thoght the surname looks to be Harmann, any help much appreciated,

Edd

Attachments

It is signed "Walter Hamann", but unfortunately I don't know who he is. Only found Otto Hamann who became Gebietsführer of Berlin in late 1942. But this is not your man.

Maybe others can help you with his position. Good luck!

Thanks Jack for confirming the name, like you I couldn't find him on the Gebeitsfuhrer list either, he's certainly high ranking for sure

Hi Edd,

I'm quite sure that he must have been a bit lower ranked - maybe Oberbannführer or something like that. That acorn on the top sometimes makes the difference between Oberbannführer and Gebietsführer difficult to identify on photos.
Unfortunately, he is also missing on the Buddrus biographies list. But perhaps can Garry help with some information.

Hi Edd,

I think that his name is Walter Hemann and not Hamann. As said Jack, the rank is not necessarily "Gebietsführer", can be a lower rank.
I do not see this name in the published lists either, I deduce that this person certainly belonged to the general staff, this information must of course be verified !

Best Regards
Eric

Back