Student bund knife question

Thanks Received
I only have 2 HJ knives just for display, I am not a dagger / knife guy. My question is was there a student bund knife or are they post war fantasy pieces? If they are from the period I would like to add one to my collection ... but do not want to buy a fantasy piece. I did an internet search but the info was (sketchy) not very good , some said they are fake and some say they are period. Any help is very much appreciated.
Regards,
Mike

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Wim, thanks for helping me with my question, I also could not find any period photos of this knife. There was one that sold recently on the Estand @ WAF in the sales description it said the scabbard was chromed, also the seller had purchased it from Whitman's website .... when I seen it on the Estand I almost bought it & someone beat me to it ....I'm glad that I was busy searching the web for info on these knives when it sold (saved me $450.00). also the Student bund insignia on that one was fit into the lines between the grip diamonds which I believe is a bad sign with the regular HJ knives, any way thanks again for your help.
Regards,
Mike

Yep, I'm with Wim on this one. I have yet to see any regulations that mention or show these knives. I haven't seen any photos of such a knife being worn either. I think it perfectly reasonable to assume, based on his track record of inventing history for certain items, that Wittmann will not be able to provide proof that the Studentenbund had a special knife.

No, and the official HJ/DJ is always mentioned as the HJ und DJ messer, or in some cases as only the HJ Messer. But never anywhere at all is there any mention of a knife for the Studentenbund. It`s just a silly story that would have started long ago as some dealer added a Studentenbund membership badge into a grip of an HJ/DJ knife to get more money.

They do this with other things too, like we saw Johnson selling an HJ knife with a green HJ diamond - a total fasntasy badge.... we see HJ knives with blue diamonds too...
I guess people will do anything to make a few bucks.

The old guys seem to have a never-ending supply of the ultra rare..
As soon as one piece of crap is sold...

...another is listed!

The amount of pure rubbish Johnson sells is unreal....

Johnson just sold a Studentenbund Knife.. he says is is genuine, and seldom seen.

Must be an early variant, coz it has the full motto.

No shortage of crap on Johnsons site.. even the DJ knives are there!!

Attachments

No, and the official HJ/DJ is always mentioned as the HJ und DJ messer, or in some cases as only the HJ Messer. But never anywhere at all is there any mention of a knife for the Studentenbund. It`s just a silly story that would have started long ago as some dealer added a Studentenbund membership badge into a grip of an HJ/DJ knife to get more money.

They do this with other things too, like we saw Johnson selling an HJ knife with a green HJ diamond - a total fasntasy badge.... we see HJ knives with blue diamonds too...
I guess people will do anything to make a few bucks.

Don't forget the Naval HJ messer Jo!!!!

Which one? The guy has got so much fake and fantasy crap on his site it`s hard to find anything...

Attachments

Newly listed last week and already on hold. Love the x-ray which proves absolutely nothing as far as authenticity. And the mention of unscrupulous dealers. Priceless .....

Attachments

Last edited:
Back