The rarity of acquiring BDM - uniform blouses/shirts?

Thanks Received
Greetings from Canada. It's been awhile I dropped by the HJ research forums, but I have been asking established collectors/dealers about BDM uniform blouses, and they seem to be very difficult to acquire. I'd imagine most were worn post-war? There's an abundance of klettervest, but hardly any blouses, skirts, or even berets.

If a collector has one available for sale or consideration. I'd be very much grateful. /Michael

Hi Michael,

Yes, the berets went out of use early on as the girls didn't like them but the other items would have continued in use after the war until they wore out which is why they are so rare today. As you say, the Kletterweste is still encountered on occasion as are the JM winter caps with the central white stripe but we really don't see much in the way of surviving BDM/JM uniforms here - certainly not when compared to HJ/DJ. However, I wish you good luck in your search.

Ive been hunting for a blouse and skirt for a year now, ive only seen few of each and i dont think they were ever rzm either. I wont make the mistake to miss a chance to get one of either again. I do see alot of fake full BDM outfits however come out of germany on Ebay.

Ive been hunting for a blouse and skirt for a year now, ive only seen few of each and i dont think they were ever rzm either. I wont make the mistake to miss a chance to get one of either again. I do see alot of fake full BDM outfits however come out of germany on Ebay.

They were RZM but you're right about the fakes.

when I did collect HJ-stuff, some particular items you never could buy
nor were they ever, ever offered.
Amongst them this were skirts and blouses. The period I did collect HJ:
1970-1985. It took into the nineties when scarcely they came.

And as crack says: they are under RZM and shown in the manufacturing
regulations.

Thank you for your thoughts. It's very clear that the odds of acquiring a BDM uniform (shirt/skirt) are extremely low.
Just for clarification, I hear much about the RZM term - what is its history and purpose exactly?

when I did collect HJ-stuff, some particular items you never could buy
nor were they ever, ever offered.
Amongst them this were skirts and blouses. The period I did collect HJ:
1970-1985. It took into the nineties when scarcely they came.

And as crack says: they are under RZM and shown in the manufacturing
regulations.

This is very accurate. Most of the stuff we see described as BDM and JM these days is fake junk and mostly differs anyway from regulation female clothing from that period. As was already said, the Kletterjacke turns up the most but blouses and skirts? May as well forget finding those "out of the woodwork" or indeed anywhere else these days. In all of my time collecting BDM I very rarely came across anything authentic and it had usually been altered anyway for post-war use.

Thanks for your thoughts wilhelm & BDM collect. I have since gained a better understanding of the history/purpose of the RZM & realised the extreme rarity of BDM shirts/skirts. One can say that they are definitely rare in contrast to anything found in the military uniforms category.

Based on what I've studied on this forums thus far, some BDM collectors do have the shirt/skirt in their collection? There was a collector who recently previewed a complete and from what he tells me, authentic, BDM uniform display (jacket, skirt, blouse etc) it was quite an impressive display.

If there are any collectors here who would consider making one of theirs available fo consideration, I would very much appreciate it.

Back