Tribute to district sleeve triangles that show heavy wear or damage

Thanks Received
Hi Gents,
since longer time I waned to start a little tribute to Hitleryouth items that show typical use or heavy wear. Honestly I never understood why most collectors only concentrate on nearly mint district triangles that never have been sewn to a tunic or shirt or jacket. In my opinion triangles that show heavy wear give us a nice view into history- they were "eye-witnesses" of a historical period and give us an impression how much they were worn . Have attached for you some triangles that show little damage or a roughened surface but they are not less interesting . What is your opinion ? Time to post your personal "triangle-nerds" here and get applaus for the most damaged triangle.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Chlodwig you have a nice little assortment there. Personally I prefer the triangles that have been worn

Thank you Bertl , I am very glad that someone except me appreciates even the worn triangles. I'm sure there will be a few more like-minded people.:thumb::welcome:

No, I never collected triangles ... yet I'm always looking for a Nord Norsee to go with my other collections

I don't have this set any more but the triangle was almost see-through in places:

Attachments

I don't have this set any more but the triangle was almost see-through in places:

Wow , a nice little collection you have there . I like the triangle very much showing heavy use. Thx for posting it. :thumbup:

I recently came a cross this one . I know there are many collectors who prefer triangles in mint condition. How do you feel about the triangles showing heavy wear ? You would collect them ?

Attachments

Up closer image

Attachments

Wow Strumble69 - you have a nice Hitleryouth compilation there that shows real use. And I love the elder font of your traingle "Süd Hochland". This kind of triangle is not often to find . Congrats to a perfect HJ uniform !

Wow Strumble69 - you have a nice Hitleryouth compilation there that shows real use. And I love the elder font of your traingle "Süd Hochland". This kind of triangle is not often to find . Congrats to a perfect HJ uniform !
Thank you for such kind words

Here's a (put-together) set that I used to own. Looks like a moth got to the triangle at some point.

Attachments

Somehow moths are always the proof of the originality of these items but of course we get annoyed. I don't think this small disadvantage is particularly bothersome.

True. These would still be in my collection but I had money problems some years back and had to let a lot go. Big regret but it got me through a tight spot.

Honestly if you can buy what ever you want then collecting gets boring soon. I always ha to sell this or that to improve my collection and always had the chance to buy from other collectors. Here on the forum I learned so many details that again and again made me return to our hobby. I am impressed by the knowledge of some members here, which has helped me many times. What a good idea it was to found this forum . Thanks to you !

I like a lot of things from HJ and BDM that have traces of use - also very, very strong ones (by the way, I can afford them better financially). If it has a patina, then it has lived, not just triangles, but also bags, shirts, blouses or leather knots. They're not necessarily display pieces, but I like knowing it was worn or loved... and for me they're still collectible memories. So, don't ignore worn triangles - I support it: tribute to scuffed triangles ;-) Greetings from Marlies

Back