Trumpet banner with small rune (Siegrune)

Thanks Received
Hello gentlemen. I have an offer for a trumpet with a trumpet banner for the HJ. The banner has a "Siegrune" on it - but the rune is smaller than I know it to be. I know banner, there is the rune in the heigh over the total banner. In my offer the rune is smaller. Is the banner also available with a small rune?

I have the seller gotten to know last weekend at a military event. An old collector with items Wehrmacht and Hitler Youth. No photos were allowed at the event... but I'm still waiting for pictures, but would also like to buy. Does the banner with a small rune even exist? I've never seen it on HJ.

Thanks for your information and thankful greetings, Your Mädel
Marlies ;-)

This isn't impossible as one side of the banner (DJ too) was free to be decorated by units. In the case of the DJ, fanfare banners were delivered from 1937 onwards with the rune only on one side. From 1940 the RJF ordered that all designs be pre-approved by the Kulturabteilung at Gebiet level due to some of them being "unacceptable". The preferred design was a Stadtwappen (heraldic emblem) but I don't think it impossible that a DJ Sigrune might have been applied to a HJ banner during the period. Can you show any photographs of the banner?

Here's a large BDM/JM Wimpel that I used to own which had a Sigrune on one side:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Back