unknown armband

Thanks Received
Best regards, an unknown bracelet appears in an image of a Club Bilder cigar collection, does anyone know anything?
Could DDA be from a territorial group in Dresden?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello JULIUX,
this is a VDA armband (Volksdeutsch im Ausland ) , for the Germans outside Germany

Yes , exactly "The Verein für das Deutschtum im Ausland "

Hi Juliux,

I took the liberty of enlarging the photo and slightly digitally editing it a little bit.

Verein für Deutsche Kulturbeziehungen im Ausland (VDA)​

Link: Verein für Deutsche Kulturbeziehungen im Ausland – Wikipedia
(After 1933 renamed to "Volksbund für das Deutschtum im Ausland")

Very interesting photo, this "Armbinde" was not known to me before. (y)

Micha
P.S. It's amazing, you always learn something new, very nice! (y)

Photo gallery: Volksbund für das Deutschtum im Ausland VDA - Google Suche

Attachments

Last edited:
A small addendum is certainly allowed, the term "Deutschtum" has a very negative "sound" here in my home country.

Read more about "Was ist Deutschtum": Was ist Deutschtum? - Kaiserzeit | Zeitklicks

A variation of this term is "Deutschtümelei".

In principle, both terms stood, and still stand for yesterday's people, for a German arrogance, but all this is very difficult to summarize in a few words...
These are old-fashioned terms, times have changed, we children and young people grew up with completely different values, and that's a good thing!

Micha
P.S. I will be careful not to post any photos on the subject of "Deutschtümelei / Germanism" here in the forum.
Personally, these ideas are completely foreign to me. (n)

Last edited:
Yes, I also don't know about the bracelet, I saw it by chance, I have seen the most common one, but I had never seen it, I even thought that the initials were DDA and they are VDA,
Helmut has VDA - Volksbund für das Deutschtum im Ausland Armbinde bracelets but not the one in the image. greetings

A small addendum is certainly allowed, the term "Deutschtum" has a very negative "sound" here in my home country.

Read more about "Was ist Deutschtum": Was ist Deutschtum? - Kaiserzeit | Zeitklicks

A variation of this term is "Deutschtümelei".

In principle, both terms stood, and still stand for yesterday's people, for a German arrogance, but all this is very difficult to summarize in a few words...
These are old-fashioned terms, times have changed, we children and young people grew up with completely different values, and that's a good thing!

Micha
P.S. I will be careful not to post any photos on the subject of "Deutschtümelei / Germanism" here in the forum.
Personally, these ideas are completely foreign to me. (n)
Of course I understand that these terms sound bad, I understand you, it was not my intention to offend anyone, of course, my forgiveness also seems to me from another time. I am with you.

Hi Juliux,

everything is fine, we Germans are often a little "tight" with our own past, that's in the nature of things.
This is not a lecture, nor an apology, it is what it is.

Micha

Very instructive discussion, I did not know this variant. Thank you to both of you

I found these photos with the 2 bracelets, it seems to be the same and by chance that it is also for sale in Helmud I could even say that it is the same individual as the other photo.

Attachments

Back