Unknown HJ banner ?

Thanks Received
Good afternoon to the Forum,

I found this photo on my external harddisk, what did the arrow on the flags of that time stand for, that would be my question..?
The source of the photo I do not remember, probably copied from a german website or forum years ago.

I would be very grateful for your hints, thank you for reading.

Weekend greetings!

Micha

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
These will be boys from the german scouting movement that was swallowed up by the HJ in the early 1930s. The symbol is called "Gerspitze" and as far as I know it was the symbol used by the German Scouting Association (DPB) in the late 1920s/early 1930s until disbandment. I'm pretty sure that these flags were known as "Horstfahnen".

Garry,

thank you very much, I was not aware about the german term "Gerspitze" at all, comparable to a lance tip, the deadly end of a lance, if at all..?

An ancient pathfinder symbol, to what extent this symbol was taken over by the Hitler Youth, unfortunately I do not know that yet ?
I have comparable photos here, which also showed such symbols and at the same time swastikas.

I am somewhat familiar with the flags and banners of the Christian youth organizations of that time, but the flags of the Boy Scouts are absolutely unknown to me.
Especially in a connection with the Hitler Youth at the time.

Many thanks to you, hold yourself upright in these difficult years!

Micha
Btw: the german designation "Horstfahne" showes up only very seldom, but for sure related to the former "Pfadfinder" organisations...

The symbol specifically was for the Deutscher Pfadfinderbund,
lead by Bundesführer Wilhelm Fabrizius.
It was the eldest and biggest of those from the Pfadfinderbund.

Their magazine was "Der Pfadfinder". This is according to the
"Deutscher Jungenkalender"", 1931/1932.

Thank you, Wilhelm

I know a little bit about the topic of the "Jungdeutsche Jugend" in the then "Jungdeutscher Orden".
My grandfather Hans, born in 1906, was a member of the youth organization at that time.

I own a fairly complete estate from those years, including a few photos.
The young men wore a kind of peaked cap and the gray "Windjacke" that was typical of the time.
They met in tent camps, some of the photos are reminiscent of the "Wandervogel" movement of the time.

Unfortunately, my entire private archive has been stored with friends in northern Germany for years. Maybe I can post something here in the forum at a later date.

Thank you for all the information about the Boy Scouts of the time under the Hitler Youth regime.
I knew little to nothing about it, it's always nice to learn something...

Micha

Back