Zamak HJ Buckles

Thanks Received
Central Illinois - United States Of America
Member Crack posted an inquiry regarding the use of Zamak alloy hilt fittings on HJ knives in the blade subform. Which got me to thinking .... Is there any period or empirical information on when the Zamak alloy HJ buckles were introduced? Have also wondered if the ill advised stamped Zamak pieces were the first attempt to utilize the alloy followed by the more successful injection molded examples?

Hello,
Yes, there is an empirical information. Die casted zinc buckles for the HJ were made from about 1940.

I‘ve never seen any regulation about this.

Christian

I‘ve never seen any regulation about this.

Christian
Have you checked the UM magazines? This kind of stuff usually was mentioned. It is, in the UM in many cases pertaining to awards that were made in this way later on.

Yes, I read the UM. But belt buckles in zinc alloys were not mentioned.
At least I did not see it.

It is based on the Assmann item number.

I'm really not trying to be difficult but would you provide further details? The inventory number for the HJ buckle is clearly shown in the 1937 Assmann catalog but no information is provided regarding material or construction type. Is your information from another, later catalog? I'm just looking for facts and period documentation. Thank you.

I have several Assmann catalogs as well as other doscuments from this company. The catalog is always the 1937 issue but pages were added later.
I know about four different numbers for the HJ buckle, maybe there are more.

Back