Thanks Thanks:  0

Please login to view user info

Strap with number 173

So I wanted you to show my other single strap on which I'm very proud of.

It's with Bann number 173 for Essen-Süd the part of the town where I was born and I'm still living.

Unfortunately someone glued it on and some pieces paper are still on it but maybe I can remove them.

Attached Images Attached Images

now thats a nice original strap, even better its from your home town personaly i would leave the paper as is :)

This one is good for sure. Any attempt to remove the glue may damage the strap. It still displays okay so I would leave it alone.

Ok, I let the paper on the bag.

Usually I do not collect HJ items but I collect all insignia of the town "Essen" so these straps belong to that as well the straps with number 239 ;)

Wanted to show me other pair of HJ boards for the "Bann Essen-Süd" .. my hometown and living place :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great pair of post 1938 straps Grimgork .
    With the frist single early strap ,It looks to be in good sound condition . If it were mine , I would soak the strap in warm water for about 15 minutes , then lightly brush off the paper and glue residue with a tooth brush. Afterthat , I would leave it on a towel for a day to dry naturally . But you do what you want , its your strap .
    Last edited by joecool; 25th March 2012 at 05:19 PM.