Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Please login to view user info
    It possibly will not take long before the fakers will read this thread and start copying the patch with the
    correct sizes! So, beware in the future when brandnew patches will be offered suddenly at all sorts of
    dealer's websites and at shows!

Thank you for taking the time on this Wilhelm. Very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by wilhelm saris View Post
    It possibly will not take long before the fakers will read this thread and start copying the patch with the
    correct sizes! So, beware in the future when brandnew patches will be offered suddenly at all sorts of
    dealer's websites and at shows!
    Hitler Youth Gefolgschaft and Jungvolk Fähnlein standard bearer sleeve patch - Hitler Youth Forum - Page 3 Fixed

This is exactly the kind of information I had in mind when I introduced the HIDE and SHOW tags back in Sept 2012. In Wim's post I added HIDE tags to the measurements so that they can only be seen by admin, mods and Full Members. I'll do another tutorial on these tags now and will link to it from here when I'm ready.

HIDE tags short tutorial is HERE

Here are the images of the patches, as shown in my gorget-book, as mentioned:
    ** Oops! You must be a Full Member (Gold) to view this part of the post**

The wider one is the correct one; the smaller the repro. Have a look at the HJ-diamond,
    all is wider. Have also a look for the head of the eagle, but there are more differences.
    Last edited by wilhelm saris; 13th August 2013 at 09:39 PM.

the difference is like, night and day Wim!! thanks for the side by side!

Yes, Thank you Wilhelm, a most informative and interesting thread. Now you see the original side by side, makes you wonder why there's any doubt

funny bump...

Give it 20 years and these will be "debated on".... link

circus.jpg

Interestingly I did the Military Oddessy in Kent over the weekend, and counted at least 4 of these same badges on various stalls, all purporting to be real, ranging from £85-£150. At least I had a chuckle :)

It's unfortunate but many of the reproduction patches are on dealer sites and in collections and for the most part I think most of the holders of these reproductions firmly believe them to be period examples.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast