Trude Bürkner-Mohr Goldenes Ehrenzeichen der Hitlerjugend

Thanks Received
Beeing a new member I was just browsing through some of the older posts. I hope that this, my first post, goes well with the pics and all?

I don't know if this is still of relevance, but I actually kept the pics from this auction. Here's the badge in question which was sold for 12000 euros.

In a later auction the personal badge of Henriette von Schirach appeared. This was also sold for 12000 euros, seems to be the standard price for a attributable high-end badge.

Cheers, Lars

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

What a beautiful award :001_tt1:! How many of these were issued?

Nick

Hi Nick, I have absolutely no idea, but given the price very few, out of my league. This was actually meant as a reply to an older thread but appeared as a new one, sorry for the misleading test. The older thread mentioned a selling price of 30K€ so it may have shifted hands a few times.

Lars

shame there are no pics of the reverse of the honor badge, but great pics thanks for showing

Seems strange that they both sold for the same price,
i would have thought if the von Schirach badge is genuine.
That it would have sold for more, esp with the diamonds
probably a one off jewellers piece
Regards
Mametz

...........This was actually meant as a reply to an older thread but appeared as a new one, sorry for the misleading test. The older thread mentioned a selling price of 30K€ so it may have shifted hands a few times.

Lars

My apologies Lars. I changed your post to a thread and should have linked from the old thread to let people know the origin of your post. As to the numbers of the Goldenes Ehrenzeichen der Hitlerjugend which were awarded, the figure usually quoted is 250 and this is based on Littlejohn's 1968 book Medals and badges of the Third Reich. However, the number is likely to be less than half of that according to Chris Ailsby who has been researching these badges. There may be an update in his new book actually but I don't have a copy.

Why would Henrietta von Schirach get a HJ brooch? Very odd. Does anyone have anything on that?

Back