Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hitler Youth post-1935 RZM M7 knife codes

ever wonder who made your post 1936 HJ dagger ? this list does not apply to SS INFO FROM FISCHER 2003

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Paul Ayerst; 18th April 2011 at 03:40 AM.

Good resource Paul. Thanks for posting it

Please login to view user info
    thanks for posting paul a great referance

Please login to view user info

RZM codes

Great list; no wonder that there were so many made, and worse so many falsified.
    I have no idea what RZM marking mine had, nor do I recall a registration number.
    But alas, what I gained on wisdom over the many years, I lost on memory
    Now I know where to look for a semblance of authenticity.
    HN

Hi Paul.
    I was prowling through the media section just now and came across DDs HJ Dagger collection/Table with his 4 min. video and explanations. No doubt he knows his stuff, i have bought HJ daggers from him before, and other items, But, he is wrong, and so are you in the first post here.
    :001_huh:
    Not Post 1936, (D. Harris even mentions between 1936 and 1938 as the Intro of the RZM period markings in the video)

As you will see from the RZM announcements, Ausgabe 25, 14th September 1935 was the date that this RZM rule was introduced.
    Not pointing fingers, as i guess this post 36`info is just being quoted from a modern Reference book, but it`s not correct.

Now, How tolerant the RZM was with non RZM marked HJ Daggers after mid September 1935 is anyone's guess, we don't know, but the actual date, we do :closedeyes:
    Jo

For those members who cant view the `Articles`page, i have cropped the specific pictures from that Issue below.

well might have been introduced as early in 35 but it in fact took almost 2 years to become entrenched as dual marked blades where seen up to end 37 as they used up stocks of maker marked blades imo 1936 is a fair bench mark date .

Quote Originally Posted by haen View Post
    , and worse so many falsified.
    Haen, this has to be the understatement of the century !
    They were available in the USA in the early 1950`s from (but not only) Golden State Arms for $5,95.- incl. postage each. Made from the same materials, by the same makers who made them pre-45` We know from the 1991 Austrian Newspaper interview with Rudolf Souval that he RZM marked them as well at no extra cost.

yes RS was probably the most prolific early faker and his stuff is still catching the unwary

Quote Originally Posted by PAUL AYERST View Post
    well might have been introduced as early in 35 but it in fact took almost 2 years to become entrenched as dual marked blades where seen up to end 37 as they used up stocks of maker marked blades imo 1936 is a fair bench mark date .
    Paul, i don't have the Fisher 2003, But if that Book has mentioned those makers (the list in post 1) as being possible makers of Post 1936 daggers, then it is also wrong:001_huh:

A small example, Both M7/21 ~ Hermann Schneider and M7/61 Carl Tillmans lost their RZM License on the 14 October 1935. So it is not possible that they could have made any HJ dagger in 1936 with the markings quoted in the Fisher.
    Picture below, taken from the 26 October 1935 RZM Announcement.

I am sure this happened but the lists are still relevant as the number where never reissued and even may have regained the licence later on, so all numbers must be listed for collector knowledge and this is why they are still there

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast