Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Please login to view user info
    wow two amazing pieces shown here i hope to one day have a piece as big a gem as these also good info by you gary! ;)

regards ewan

A SUPERB PIECE WITH OUTSTANDING DETAILS MAKING IT ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO REPRO WITH ANY HOPE OF SUCCESS

Old thread and posts, but interesting. Yes, Garry is right when he said that only the flag
    bearer for the Bann-flag was allowed to wear one. Jungvolk wasn't allowed at all.
    But as usual you will find a lad from the DJ wearing it. It will be in my coming TR book
    about gorgets.

Do not forget that the HJ was the only organization that had matching numbers with the
    ribbon upon the gorget, the number for the arm-patch and the number as for the Bann-flag.

Much of the information I told about in an article, which as published in the German
    Militaria-magazine in about May 2008. A sort of "try-out" for my further gorget-plans.
    The HJ chapter will be quite large and will include about 85 photographs and images,
    due to the fact that in this book - when a gorget is being use by a flag or standard bearer
    also the type of flag is shown (or standard), so collectors know to which type of flag the
    gorget was used.

Hello

Nice picture of a flag bearer (Weitze) :
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great photo .

Bann 516 flag bearer gorget (H.Historica auction)
    Attached Images Attached Images

AWESOME

I was lucky enough to buy it from Weitze, thanks for sharing saves me uploading it

Very very beautiful item to have in a collection

What lovely pieces !

Wish I had one :-(

Best

P

Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    What lovely pieces !

Wish I had one :-(

Best
    Unfortunately Panther i just own the photo of the boy wearing his Bann Gorget, I too wish that i owned one of these amazing items. Definitely would be a star item in anybodies collection

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast