Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please login to view user info

The Black Deutsches Jungvolk DJ buckle

Hello all
    I have been asked to start an article on the black DJ buckle..

This very striking buckle (my favorite of all the youth buckles) is very rare and its purpose is still to this day unknown... It comes in 3 major variations:

#1 45mm black box with silver rune
    #2 45mm silver box black rune
    #3 35mm black box silver rune

As with all DJ there were wide design differences in respect to the rune shape and size in the first few years that it was being produced. This is also true of the black DJ and this shows that it was produced by quite a few different firms.

I have emailed a friend of mine and asked for permission to post a picture he owns which shows a HJ/DJ group and there are 2 kids wearing black DJ in the picture!! (the picture is in a post further down the page)

As of now, there is no known printed regulations as to the purpose of the black color.. I have heard it speculated that it was to be worn with the dark winter uniform..

I have owned well over 200 DJ buckles since starting to collect, but have had the opportunity to buy close to 800... and I have bought every black DJ I have ever encountered , and I think I have 10... that makes the black DJ 1/80 which I think is too high.. when was the last time you saw one for sale ????? Many people have never seen one for sale..

Here is the little we do know:

1. they are original, there are period photos to substantiate this
    2. they were made in extremely small numbers
    3. they were made by more than one manufacturer

Hopefully some day someone will stumble upon documentation pertaining to these that will once and for all give meaning to these wonderful and beautiful buckles!!

I had these pics in my computer, but will take soem new ones tonight as well... please let me know if you would like any singles or close ups of any buckles
    thanks
    Chad

,bvuk.jpg dj1.jpg dj2.jpg dj3.jpg dj4.jpg

Nice pictures chad,

the black really highlights the diffrent rune designs ,

how was the black acheived is it a thin enamel or baked on paint ?

cheers steve

these are the holy grail of dj buckles in the yrs i have been collecting i have seen 1 for sale and then it sold before i could get it, they are lovely to look at and think this should have been the standard design for the dj buckle.

as for why,as chad said still a mystery yet i have seen period pics of kids wearing these alongside kids with standard dj buckles so they where available the same time.

thanks for posting these chad it great to see them all together

heres a link to a pic posted by pete showing one in wear early shot
    Last edited by stuart; 6th April 2010 at 10:07 PM.

hi chad great thread on these lovely buckles and what a lovely proof photo

WOW i can just see the wanted list now.. Im like the rest of you guys i would love to have a black dj buckle.
    thanx for the post!

Stu
    thanks for the link to that great shot! see how many different types of buckles that they are wearing!! just shows that regulations were not followed to the T!

Chad, thanks for posting this thread. Great information and fantastic photos of rare buckles also.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Williams View Post
    Stu
    thanks for the link to that great shot! see how many different types of buckles that they are wearing!! just shows that regulations were not followed to the T!
    thats what i love about this shot all those kids and most of them wearing diff buckles, just goes to show in the early days anything went

Great bucklesany chance of a good close up of the blck paint on these buckles, im also interested in how the paint is applied? cheers Pete.

here is the picture that I was speaking of previously..so Thanks to Christian from Germany for allowing me to post it here!!! this buckle shows 4-5 types of buckles in wear..an amazing photo !!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast