Most Expensive Hitler Youth Photo?

Joe B

Banned
Thanks Received
Post your MOST expensive HJ DJ or BDM photos and the amount that you paid .
Personally I have a rule of not paying over 16 euro or 22.50 dollars for a single photo , however ; I broke that rule on this photo .
I paid about 65 dollars on this one , It shows A rare photo of a DJ leader wearing all his awards . Awards shown are rare ones at that . Also ...if you study his Wintermutze , you will see that the cord has been added to the cap (not factory regulation) . He is also wearing an Army style Heer cap eagle and a Heer style Edelweiss .
Enjoy

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Last edited:
Think this one was about 25. Yeah I am tight with money when it comes to pics, but this would probably fetch more if I sold it now.

Attachments

Come on everyone , lets see your most expensive photos .

Well, i have my limits.. the bargains are still there, i paid €25.- for this one recently :biggrin1: BUT... when i look around i find things like THIS ONE BELOW, for €170.- ?? nice pic, but common sense keeps me from buying it.

Attachments

Thats a tempting one , showing a pennant in use . Thanks for posting.

at €170.- its not in the slight bit tempting to me. :nono: but Jedem das Seine i guess.

Sometimes, when a photograph is very needed, I don't mind paying up to 150,- through 200,- euro.
I know I may sound as a fool, but what the heck! You can't take your money with you when you're gone!

I paid quite a lot for the Teno-photograph with brocade, aiguillette and dagger, which is on the reverse-
cover of my book "Aiguillettes of the Third Reich". The photograph for the front cover was about half that
price, but anyway it was a nice one due to the "mess" of the aiguillette. In 2010 I bought a beautifull
Feldherrnhalle-photograph at Kassel from a very young lad, wearing a gorget. I bought it for using it
in my coming book about gorgets.

Of course I prefer to buy cheaper, as when one needs hundreds pf photographs for a book, you can't
continueously spend that much money. You never get rich when writing a book, but that's not my goal.
I try to spread some information and that makes me feel good! And money is there to spend, isn't??

Well if its for a book, or some other means that will financially bring in at least a few pennies to cover the initial outlay, OK, i understand and even agree but for me, for my "collection", €150-200 for a photo? no, thats not going to happen.

Hello, the man from Helvetia,

I guessed you would answer and of course 150-200,- euro is a high price, which I don't pay every day
for a photograph. But sometimes one has to! For volume 3 for the headgear-series (page 467) I had to
pay for ONE photograph to a German archive (including the fees for allowance to use it) 250,-. That
was the most an archive ever rated me. It was just "take it or leave it". Use it or not!

And do you really think a book brings a few "pennies" these days with a small edition? No way, especially
when you include many hundreds or even, as with my new coming book, about 1,500 photographs. It is a
great luck that collector-friends (in most occasions) assist and do send or supply me with photographs for
use for a proper credit only. Otherwise it would not be possible to make a decent book.

And what do you think about "giving away" a great number of books to those that did supply me with many
photographs. That's one of my rules: give a proper credit and a free book when a supplyer pleases you with
good material. I don't write for the money. Never did or will do. I always am paid in a number of books and
never with royalties. What money do you get when one gets paid in royalties for an edition of 1,000 books?

Just an answer and the reality.......Enjoy the coming days and keep well!!

Yes Wim, but you dont work for free, you get "something" that will help take off the sting of a €200.- photo. The truth of the matter is that i just do not have €200.- to spend on a picture. The only exception would of course be a nude picture of Magda Goebbels, but thats dreaming on my part :yo: As much as you want people to understand that Authors are not getting rich, you too will have to understand that in Switzerland, there are 2 classes of humans, those who have 1 billion and up in their Credit Suisse accounts, and those who have a big fat minus next to their name, with the added comment "NO EXTRA CREDIT-CLOSE THIS ACCOUNT SHORTLY" i belong to the latter. :sad:
Yes, i talk BS sometimes, and if the right photo came along, i would most likely spend 200, hell even 500 on it, but it would need to be a picture of the Party badge being made, with Madga in the background, in Color too !!!

I don't quite remember which was the most expencive i bought. But I think it was this Flieger-HJ portrait http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f34/portrait-flieger-hj-scharfuehrer-5827/ price about 50 Euro. I have bought many photos between 20 - 40 Euros, and if I was a rich man, I would buy more. I prefer to buy albums as you often get more for your money.

Please don't be offended, but in my opinion people pay way to much for orders and medals, that are only "pieces of metal". Many of my original photos are more rare than any of these. And they only cost a fraction of a Knight Cross.

... and if the right photo came along, i would most likely spend 200, hell even 500 on it, but it would need to be a picture of the Party badge being made, with Madga in the background, in Color too ...

Bloody hell, you have kinky fantasies - at least I know what you are looking for.

Anyway, great thread you have started and although it is hard for me to "jump over my own shadow" to post high spec photos, I want to contribute two of my most expensive photos. I'm the same as Henrik, I have spent many times between 20-40 Euro, occationally 50, rarely above. However, these are to of the two most expensive ones I have:
Hauptbannführer Wilhelm Heinrich Maus, adjudant of Führer of Gebiet Westfalen Gustav-Adolf Langanke (who died as pilot North Afrika, his brother was SS-KC winner Fritz Langanke), the second is Maus at a HJ rally with well known party and non-party members. I would like to stress that both of them are not Press photos. Each of them cost me about 75 Euro but I couldn't take a pass on them.
A great thread, please keep it going!

Daniel

Attachments

Hi Wim,

thanks for responding. You are correct, it is von Tschammer, von Trotha and behind Maus is Langanke. Behind Langanke I suspect the DJ Führer of Gebiet Westfalen.
As you can guess I have many special ones from the Marine-HJ, however these are two of my outstanding non-MHJ ones. Some of my others were discussed here unintentionally by other members http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f15/sa-hj-4855/#post35829 and http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f34/rjf-leader-photo-5092/#post37369 and http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f34/early-hitler-youth-photograph-3614/#post27593 .

However, the Maus photos I consider quite interesting and were worth to be added to this thread, I think.

Daniel

Of course the Maus-one is a great photograph to be shown here. Would have been glad if I had a copy or scan
for my later volume in the headgear-series, chapters about HJ.
The same goes for the early HY photograph with the lad, wearing very well visible two-colored cord for the cap
and shoulder-straps. This kind of photo is quite hard to find and worth every euro! Even for a repro I would
have paid at least 25-30,- euro.

Hi lads,

for some reason this, at least i.m.o., great thread has gone asleep. Don't know why. I thought the idea is great.

Therefore, just to get the thread going again, I would like to introduce two other photos of my collection:
1. the first was about 40 Euro (and came together with two more taken at the same occasion which cost similar each). It is a HJ delegation at a visit in Spain - some of the HJ Führer wear the "Reichsdeutsche Jugend Ausland Traingle", some the "RJF Stab" and, clearly visible, one the "RJF". I can't name any of the faces, maybe some of the forum members can help to identify the HJ leaders, the Politsche Leiter and Spaniards. For sure most of them are related to HJ foreign affairs.
2. the second was not that expensive but is certainly interesting: a DJ member of Bann 601, clearly to recognise on his right shoulder, and with matching triangle. However, he must have been promoted recently and the Bann was out of DJ Führer boards for the left shoulder. So he took another right one and turned it around. Good improvising, althought surely only short lived.

Hope this get's the thing going again and look fwd to your participation.

Rgds
Daniel

Attachments

Spain photo is great, but I can only identify "RJF", but none of the
others you mention. Can you make a close-up from these in the
best possible ways? Thanks!
The other is also a nice one, with the two DJ shoulder-straps. You
would imagine he would wear the correct version upon right, but
he does it on left!

Great photo of the dual DJ straps in wear . Keep it coming and thank you for posting .

Yes Wim, but you dont work for free, you get "something" that will help take off the sting of a €200.- photo. The truth of the matter is that i just do not have €200.- to spend on a picture. The only exception would of course be a nude picture of Magda Goebbels, but thats dreaming on my part :yo: As much as you want people to understand that Authors are not getting rich, you too will have to understand that in Switzerland, there are 2 classes of humans, those who have 1 billion and up in their Credit Suisse accounts, and those who have a big fat minus next to their name, with the added comment "NO EXTRA CREDIT-CLOSE THIS ACCOUNT SHORTLY" i belong to the latter. :sad:
Yes, i talk BS sometimes, and if the right photo came along, i would most likely spend 200, hell even 500 on it, but it would need to be a picture of the Party badge being made, with Madga in the background, in Color too !!!

I would pay a couple of hundred on a photo of Goebbels Magda and his family. Or a photo of Goebbels, signed of course :)

I payed a hefty sum of €50 for a photo of hitler and a general talking. I cant post a photo though.

Cheers, Patrick

Back