Bannführer and Oberbannführer Boards from 1933 - 1936

Beautiful boards
Hello collector friends, I would like to introduce you to my new shoulder boards. They come from a household liquidation in Erfurt, which is a city next to my hometown. Unfortunately, I don't know the name of the Bann Führer or Oberbann Führer from Erfurt around the time from 1933 to 1936, but I'm still very happy about these pieces. I hope you like them as much as I do.

Beautiful boards (y)

Here is an excerpt that is said to be from 1934. It shows the ban guide boards in red.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Here is an excerpt that is said to be from 1934. It shows the ban guide boards in red.

Yes, definitely from 1934. It's the second issue of "Die Uniformen der HJ". I'll go through the regulations now and will try to find a mention of this pamphlet. That would give us a date to work with for the removal of the yellow Oberbannführer straps.

Edit: I do see it mentioned in July 1934 but I can't find a date of introduction for it. The pamphlet "Die Uniformen der Braunhemden" (completed on 1.3.1934) shows the yellow Oberbannführer straps on page 37. If we can find the publishing date of the second issue of "Die Uniformen der HJ" that would allow us to home in on when the yellow straps were discontinued. As I say though, Wim says that the change took place in the autumn of 1934 so he must have seen a source document - most likely from the RZM.

Last edited:
I have a great picture here, which probably shows the wearing of these yellow (possibly white) boards with the hat that goes with them. The card says " Ostern 37 "

Attachments

I have a great picture here, which probably shows the wearing of these yellow (possibly white) boards with the hat that goes with them. The card says " Ostern 37 "

This is Ludwig Stinglwagner. He was a Bannführer when the photo was taken Check this thread out :thumb:

Thank you Garry So the color of the boards is white and so is the stripe on the cap.

Back