BlackWatch New HJ/DJ/BDM Photo Pick-ups

Once again wonderful photos from your collection. I envy you for such rare to find photos. We can figure out so many details . nearly 100 years later !!! Thanks for the advice to your flickt acount. You made me nosy and a little addicted :good::clap2::germany:canada1

It's great to see your photos here.
I really appreciate your work and your Flickr account for the great quality, quantity and high resolution of the photographs, many of them endearing.
You are a great custodian of history.
To a greater or lesser extent, others here also have the privilege of preserving history.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Anyone familiar with the flag center top? Thanks
proxy.php

Not with the flag, but maybe I can contribute something to the context. The age of the children and the daisy wreaths suggest to me a First Communion celebration. So the date would normally be the Weißer Sonntag/Second Sunday of Easter.

Nice view of HJ Hakenkreuz Musician Swallow's Nests. Anyone familiar with the tinnie on the HJ's breast pocket or why part of his armband is covered over? Circa 1933?

Attachments

I think I can help with the tinnie = "1. N.S. Reichsjugendtag 1932 in Potsdam Abzeichen"

bronze is a fundraiser abz. - silver is a participant abz.

Michael :denmark

Attachments

I think you could be right about that - if you look at his belt buckle, it is of the SA type - and as far as I know, both the HJ knife and the standard HJ belt buckle were introduced in 1933, so the picture must be from 1933 (??)

Michael :denmark

Nice view of HJ Hakenkreuz Musician Swallow's Nests. Anyone familiar with the tinnie on the HJ's breast pocket or why part of his armband is covered over? Circa 1933?

Yes, 1933 earliest as the standard HJ/DJ Fahrtenmesser that he is wearing was introduced in June of that year.
The black armband over the HJ armband may date the photo to around Aug 1934 (Hindenburg's death).

Yes, 1933 earliest as the standard HJ/DJ Fahrtenmesser that he is wearing was introduced in June of that year.
The black armband over the HJ armband may date the photo to around Aug 1934 (Hindenburg's death).
Would he still be wearing a SA buckle in August 1934?

It's possible (although unofficially of course). I have three summer 1934 photos in my bag that show a group of HJ boys in a tented camp in Haltern. They are also wearing the black armband and I was hoping to be able to zoom in and see whether any are still wearing the SA buckle but the photos just aren't clear enough unfortunately.

Here's an attempt to zoom and crop one of the photos:

The chap on the right is wearing a buckle that has no break in the lower half of the circle where the point of the diamond would be. No idea what the buckle might be but it doesn't look to be the standard HJ.

Attachments

In Blackwatch's foto (#29), for an event like the death of the head of state, I would assume that all three uniform wearers should wear a black armband. It is also possible that this was a bereavement in the HJ guy's family - or an ordered mourning because someone had died in the Bann or elsewhere in the organisation. The black ribbon was also permitted for those occasions.

Garry, in your picture you can already see from the huge floral arrangement that this was a highly official occasion.

On the full photo it's just decoration around the tent Jack. I agree with your other points though. Hindenburg is just a guess and it's safer to go with 1933 for the date of BW's photo (y)

Thank you Garry, for the clarification. I wouldn't have thought from the detail of the picture that it was a tent decoration. But perhaps I'm a little burdened in this respect at the moment.

Interesting that this HJ is wearing a NSDAP supporters buckle. Late 20's?

Attachments

Back