HJ buckle dual-marked Assmann and Overhoff

Thanks Received
Hi All,

I am a new member here. I used to collect Third reich items many years ago but drifted to other militaria following deluge of fake items. However, after a recent hitler youth knife purchase, I have found myself drawn back in ! What I do like about collecting these days are forums like these with a chance to talk to new fellow collectors. I am now looking to purchase a hitler youth buckle or belt and buckle. Not much to choose from here in UK, but I spotted a reasonably priced belt and buckle and buckle was double marked with the Assman mark, A & S and O & S. Can anyone tell me a bit more about such double marks and why they are used ? Are double marked buckles faked ? I suppose everything is faked these days, but would fakers go to the trouble of a double stamp ? looking forward to visiting this site and becoming better educated on the HJ !

Cheers,

Mark

I believe the two companies worked together for a short while. One would produce the box of the buckle and the other would "finish" it off, adding the prongs, prong bar and belt hook. I'm not sure how long the relationship between Assmann and Overhoff lasted but these buckles are legit. I have one in my collection too.
Not rare - but considered unusual for sure.
Good luck!
Rob

There are a couple of double marked "Assmann Overhoff" variants.
As you say Rob not rare but not that common either.
Detlef

So here are the varients for the double marked Assmann< Overhoff buckles if anyone is interested.
I will add that with these variants the front facing eagles where also swapped out between Assmann design and Overhoff design
eagles. There is also a buckle with the Overhoff "RZM 24" stamped on the prongs of a double marked buckle. I will attach what
I have. Comments are welcome.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Back