Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
Just in case anyone wanted to know what these were for here's some info:

Introduction: announced 1943. Implementation was planned for March 1943 beginning with newly inducted members.
Material: gatefold "Frigga-Leinenkarton" (thin linen cardboard)
For: members of the HJ, BDM, DJ and JM.
Purpose: to act as the sole form of identity for members of the Hitler Youth by consolidating, replacing and making redundant the following documents:

1. All other previous forms of Hitler Youth identity cards (membership and leader IDs).
2. Sports record (Sportausweis).
3. Special permits, authorisations to wear certain badges (achievement badges, qualification badges etc).
4 Civilian ID.

A photograph of the holder was only required for those aged 14-18.

Here's an example from a document set that I have:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

This chap was a Motor-HJ member and Oberrottenführer but his rank wasn't entered into the Dienstkarte.

Attachments

Hi Garry,

Garry great photos, just having a HJ Dienstkarte must have saved a fortune in paper, did the DJ have the same type of Dienstkarte from 1943 ?
Best regards......Ewan :spain

Hi Ewan,

Yes, the order says that all of the kids were to get one. It also says that the cards were to be introduced in 1943 but I don't remember ever seeing one that had been issued in that year. They all seem to have 1944. Inless someone can find one of course - would be cool to see.

I own roughly 20 of these cards. I am trying to find the time to scan them like the tonnes of other paperwork I have, not enough time in the world.
I think it would be worth noting that not one of them is dated 1943, all are either 44 or 45 issued. Not to say that one from 1943 doesn't exist, just seems rather unlikely at this point.

I own roughly 20 of these cards. I am trying to find the time to scan them like the tonnes of other paperwork I have, not enough time in the world.

Hi Kyle,

I'm working on a project (like this one for the Gebietsführer) that aims to list all of the Bannführer, k.-Bannführer, Jungbannführer etc who commanded the Banne, Jungbanne etc 1933-45 and am always on the lookout for primary sources that show the names of these personnel. Any assistance you might be able to give would be greatly appreciated :thumb:

Hi Kyle,

I'm working on a project (like this one for the Gebietsführer) that aims to list all of the Bannführer, k.-Bannführer, Jungbannführer etc who commanded the Banne, Jungbanne etc 1933-45 and am always on the lookout for primary sources that show the names of these personnel. Any assistance you might be able to give would be greatly appreciated :thumb:

Hi Garry,

I can certainly be of assistance there! When I get a chance in the coming weeks I'll start scanning a load for the lists. :thumb:

If you look closely, on the last page you will find another reason for the introduction, of course not officially mentioned, but it must have been very important: Dienstkontrolle means attendance check.
During the war, there was a massive drop in the zeal for service (and everything was now based on compulsion), and here you had proof at a glance on the card whether you were dealing with a member who was unwilling or eager to serve.

The page for membership fees had become superfluous since September 1940, so that the space could be used anew. With the abolition of the obligation to pay dues, about 70,000 administrative leaders could be saved and put into regular leader service in order to stabilise the whole organisation.

Hi Jack,

Very interesting, a better use of manpower in a the time of need.

Best regards......Ewan :spain

Back