HJ jewelry - rings

P

peterB

Some pictures of some HJ jewelry in my collection.

I think some are definitely fake (or at least home-made). The large ring with white enamel and the ring with the oversize HJ badge have that look.

The two smaller rings do seem to be better made. It is difficult to photo, but the smaller ring with the oval setting has shoulder decoration of twin oak leaves with two acorns.

Enjoy

Peter

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Youth rings from the period are something about which I know nothing of any substance as they were not covered by Hitler Youth regulations. It's a subject I would love to get into though. Where did you get your examples from?

The ring in pic 6 has a label that could be researched perhaps. A law was published in 1934 that protected party symbols but the label suggests that permission was given by that particular Regional Trade Office (Landesgewerbeamt) in the previous year. Of course, labels can be attached to anything but perhaps in this case it might lead to something..?

I included the tag in case it was significant to someone here. Thanks for the translation, I am a bit snowed under to get into that sort of detail for now.
The rings were part of an inherited collection, but came with zero information.

Have any photos surfaced of youth wearing rings with HJ diamonds guys? I don't recall ever having seen any.

Have any photos surfaced of youth wearing rings with HJ diamonds guys? I don't recall ever having seen any.

This is a good question and I have not seen any photographs either yet. Does not mean that they don't exist but it could be very useful to see some. I see the so-called HJ leader ring often for sale but no proof is out there for that assumption. Nothing at all! Unofficial rings like Peter has in the first post make more sense. I like the look of some of them but would not know if they are authentic from the period.

HJ wearing ring

Youth lead by Youth Vol3 by P. Baker. Page 172 picture 811. You can see a ring and, with squinting and the eye of faith, it looks as if it has the shape of the HJ emblem.

Back