Let's talk about the HJ Honour badge for Distinguished Foreigners - HJ Ehrenzeichen für Verdiente Ausländer

Answer....
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Very cool. Good work and good reaction from the dealer with the caveat that he had no choice once Jo pointed out his mistake in a way that could not be ignored :biggrin1:

Very cool. Good work and good reaction from the dealer with the caveat that he had no choice once Jo pointed out his mistake in a way that could not be ignored :biggrin1:
LOL, he just doesn`t want to appear in any more MMJ videos :001_cool:

Well here is another one in an up-coming auction..... this one has the award document with it.
Mike

Attachments

But if someone would have a good one, I guess it would be Lothar.
At least ten (HJ) fakes of his in the upcoming auction...and I only briefly looked. Including stupid stuff like the fronts from HJ and DJ shooting badges put onto stickpins.

Great to see this document from my old friend Lothar, whom I met with
various occasions.
If the badge actually belonged to it, will remain a question!
But if someone would have a good one, I guess it would be Lothar.

Thanks for confirming that the certificate is legit. First one I've seen.

Hi Wim

Nice pic from 1975 with you at Lothar Hartung, but who is who ?

I am interested, as I have known Lothar since early 1970's, but we have never met, only written an telephoned to each other. It would be nice to know how he looks.

Do you know when he died ?

Michael :denmark

The smaller guy with darker glasses is me; Lothar is standing next to me.
Both are looking into the camera. The guy in the yellow shirt is Angolia,
next too him his wife (also in yellow). Angolia lived then at Sindelfingen!

The last years I did not have contact with Lothar. I did not collect anymore,
so our contact lasted. I do not know when he died!

Is the certificate for that award?
Mike

That's a good question actually. Detlev Ehlers was indeed the Landesjugendführer for Spain in 1941 when the document was signed but it is not clear from the certificate what badge was actually awarded. Could this recipient not just as well have received the normal HJ honour badge? Wim, do you know more about the background of Santa Marina's award i.e. is this definitely a Distinguished Foreigner award certificate? He died only five years after you attended that show so I'm wondering how you guys saw things back then.

Back