Marine-HJ summer cap 1944

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
In September 1944 it was announced that a new cap had been introduced for the Marine-HJ. It was in the style of the HJ summer cap but was in blue cloth with a yellow cord. Has anyone seen one of these?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

In September 1944 it was announced that a new cap had been introduced for the Marine-HJ. It was in the style of the HJ summer cap but was in blue cloth with a yellow cord. Has anyone seen one of these?

I must (or anyway thought I have) such cap as a photograph. It is a well-known fact and
included in the "Mitteilungsblatt der RZM". nr. 4 from September 1944. Page 30: Marine-HJ Mütze.
Earlier published orders about the Marine-HJ cap were out of order (HV ist ungültig). In fact this
means that caps with a tally were no longer valid.

Well, certainly well-known to the MHJ/RJF/RZM back then of course but I had never heard of it until this evening. Yes, it must have been a replacement for the normal MHJ cap which could no longer be provisioned along with many other things. I was just reading an order that essentially said that the DJ and JM could no longer get uniforms and that the HJ and BDM had been prioritised due to their more direct involvement in the war effort. The late orders are definiely an interesting read.

If anyone has a photo of one of these caps or even one that survived it would be great to see it.

Many years ago (maybe 20 or so at least) I was provided with some photos of such cap,
intended to be used in the particular chapter in the series "Headgear of Hitler's Germany".
It never came to this volume as mr. Bender and I could not agree about the HJ to be
dealt with in two volumes. If it ever will come to an agreement, I do not know, as mr.
Bender does not want books anymore in the size of the HJ-handbook.

The photos were provided by mr. Joe Salas (and so it should be credited). It is a guaranteed
original.

The same cap, but without the yellow piping were used by Marinehelfer
and also by members of the Motor-HJ when serving along with the NSKK.

Attachments

Here's another example from Mike Polizzi's collection:

Attachments

Thanks everyone. I didn't know about this item. Pretty snazzy cap actually :biggrin1:

Back