Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
There is an entry in a Gebietsbefehl (Pommern) from March 1944 setting out the distribution plan for the "new BDM uniform" of blue jacket, blue skirt and grey shirt which had recently become available in RZM outlets. It states that leaders and experienced girls should be given first dibs. Does anyone have any more info on this uniform?

read the former thread and you will know the jacket (and new skirt) were already
a fact in fall 1943. Not an item introduced in 1944.

I posted there also the drawings from the RZM.

I did read the thread. That's why I linked to it.

I didn't say that the uniform was introduced in 1944. I said that a 1944 Gebietsbefehl from Pommern had stated who should receive it first.

Wim, I'm quoting from a 1944 Gebietsbefehl from Pommern and I made that quite clear further up the page. The order states that RZM outlets had recently received stocks of the uniform and that a decision had been made to give leaders and senior girls first dibs. At no point did I say that the uniform itself had been announced in 1944. Even in the original thread I didn't say that - only that I had been reading sources from 1944 that mention it.

Back