RJF Wachgefolgschaft Baldur von Schirach

Hi,

Yes, the RJF Mitteilungsblätter and Verordnungsblätter are a part of it plus a lot of other stuff that I got from archives over the years. Finding it is actually almost as enjoyable as using it to answer questions.

The building used by the RJF is called SOHO Haus Berlin (Torstraße 1, 10119 Berlin) these days. When the RJF was in the building (1934-45) the address was Prinzenufer 10.

Hi,

Yes, the RJF Mitteilungsblätter and Verordnungsblätter are a part of it plus a lot of other stuff that I got from archives over the years. Finding it is actually almost as enjoyable as using it to answer questions.

The building used by the RJF is called SOHO Haus Berlin (Torstraße 1, 10119 Berlin) these days. When the RJF was in the building (1934-45) the address was Prinzenufer 10.
I agree, having success in archival research is almost as enjoyable as the fruits of your labor. But then you reach a point realizing what will you do with all the files and paperwork and books. I have several hundred microfilm rolls from US Nat'l Archives purchased years ago when the price was quite low.

Just curious if you ever saw any notices in HJ publications of discount offers to buy pistols from German firms. I have found such notices in party publications and SA Verordnungsblatter (VBs). But none in SS VBs. Never seen any for other formations like NSKK or NSFK.

I've just gone through the RJF stuff looking for anything regarding offers to buy pistols but I didn't find anything specific. I have full coverage for 1933-39 but after that it's sporadic although I do have all of the index pages for 1940-44 so if there is anything in there about the purchase of pistols it may be hidden inside an order regarding pre-military training camps. Another source might possibly be RJF Reichsbefehle but unfortunately I don't have any of those unless they are quoted from or reproduced in a RJF Verordnungsblatt/Verordnungsblatt.

Yes, I've obtained a couple of things from the National Archive. Very useful. Back in 2009 they completed my order within two months but I ordered something in May of this year and haven't received it yet. They don't answer emails and it seems that you can't cancel an order once placed so all I can do is wait I suppose. True what you say about the stuff that accumulates on hard drives and bookshelves though :)

Yes, in the old days the NARA around was very quick. I got to know one of the ladies there and she provided excellent service on my orders. Now I understand from a researcher that Covid protocols are still in place at union request. Few employees there to service and film room access is limited.

Back