HJ Gefolgschaft 2/VI/73, flag with Bann 445 MHJ cap tally

beitzen 7: names changed often, due to many reasons.

The old HQ became too small and another building came
into being and use.
And what about the changing of names for the street:
Strasse der SA for example was a name, which was not
used in the earlier days.

Hi John,

Mr Baker got the Bann name slightly wrong there as it was definitely Mittelweser and not "Mitte Weser". Anyway, Sulingen is correct as the Bann HQ and in 1937 the address was Hindenburgstrasse 19. Earlier the HQ had been located in Diepholz, Steinstrasse 2.

He too sees the explanation for the tally in the close geographical relationship between Bann 445 Hoya and Bann 73. Just to illustrate the geographical relationship and therefore the history between them, here's a little graphic that I knocked up to add to the post further up the page. As you can see, Bann 73 covered Hoya at this time. In 1938 Bann 445 Hoya first appears on my lists (5th of Sept 1938 - the Bann will have been raised some months prior to that but definitely not before July 1937). 445 Hoya will have taken some of the previous territory of Bann 73 but I don't have exact info on the boundaries for 445 post-Sept 1938

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Hi Garry,

I just wanted to support my data with the relevant documents. If you would post here where you obtained the addresses in the quote above I would appreciate it very much for my files. Scans of the documents are what I mean.

Here I go with the first document from January 1934:

Attachments

Document two from October 1938

Attachments

Document three from January 1942

Attachments

Document four from June 1943

Attachments

If you would post here where you obtained the addresses in the quote above I would appreciate it very much for my files.

No probs John. I've attached the 1934 and 1937 addresses for Bann 73 below. If you go to my Bann lists for those years you'll see the references that I used:

Attachments

Interesting flag just appeared on WAF estand, seller dealer Brent Smith:

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Attachments

75 Bremen Nord/Nordsee

So if I am reading this flag correctly, and I do not believe we have seen such a flag before, it is Bebeit 8 : Niedersachsen, Bann 75.

John

Nice. Thanks John. We had the MHJ 8/75 flag on our list but until now only had one photo of it (the corner panel) so it's great to these :thumb: Yes, this is MHJ-Gefolgschaft 8 within Bann 75 (Bremen) in Gebiet 7 Nordsee.

Hi Garry,

So for the flag just posted, after March 1935 the corner panel color was specified in the regulations and the MHJ color was blue?

Is that correct?

So blue panel color, correct numbering, 7 ring flag.

So while my flag dates prior to 1935, this flag meeting the regulations could have been produced sometime between March 1935 and the end of the war?

John

Back