Fake 'HJ Luftwaffe' visor cap

P

peterB

Hi

I have pulled this one out of the collection as being v. suspicious.

It has the feel of being a well made cap with sign of wear in the right places. However in my research of HJ uniforms I cannot find this colour cap mentioned. The RZM label is (ahem) stapled on.

I have seen a picture of a similar cap is someone's HJ collection, but no information about it.

100% fake? Luftwaffe cap with HJ badges added? Movie prop?

Cheers

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

The visor looks like one for a leader at a Flieger technical vorschule .

Surely this is a Flieger-HJ visor for the higher leadership? As such a nice, rare item.

Surely this is a Flieger-HJ visor for the higher leadership? As such a nice, rare item.

Ooooooh. Shows how much I know.

Have you got any links to descriptions, pictures, research etc? I cannot find any (apart from the one in a collection with no info attached). The only pictures and description I have found shows a cap being brown with blue piping.

RJF clothing regulations* show that the higher leadership within the Flieger-HJ wore uniforms in "fliegerblau" (aviation blue). This included the visor (Führermütze). From 1941 onwards, the rank range for those permitted to wear the higher leader uniform was extended down to cover Gefolgschaftsführer. The 1939 RZM price list shows that the visor cost RM8,50.

Hopefully other members will assist on the authenticity or otherwise of your example as I don't have the expertise for that.

*Amtliches Nachrichtenblatt RJF Sonderdruck 7/38 dated 30.9.1938

Hello Peter B
i own the same cap from Flieger technische Vorschule. My one had no rzm tag.
You can find (only )few informations about in the Angolia s book "The hitler youth" p 153 ,The Chin strap is a bit different ,silver and blue .My one is only silver.
In "the HJ" vol. 2 from angolia too , p149 and 150, fast the same cap has the silver chin strap.

I have to admit that I would have taken this for a Flieger-HJ leader hat. Can anyone link to a Fl Tech Vorschule visor please? I'd love to see the differences.

Sorry to bump this but I really am interested in seeing an example of the Fl Tech Vorschule visor and of the Flieger HJ higher leader visor. Can anyone link me to pictures of them please?

I have a few photos of Flieger tech visors in period wear .... I will post them in a few days as I still work 12 hours a day .

Sorry to bump this but I really am interested in seeing an example of the Fl Tech Vorschule visor and of the Flieger HJ higher leader visor. Can anyone link me to pictures of them please?

Here a picture...

Attachments

Here a picture...

Hello Falco,

Thanks for the photo. So if you replaced his LW eagle with the political eagle would these caps not be the same item? I really can't see any differences between the two. As Peter's has a political eagle I called it as a Flieger-HJ higher leader visor. Am I wrong? :001_unsure:

Does anyone have a Flieger-HJ higher leader visor in their collection or have colour photos of one? I don't think I've ever seen one.

Back