Hitler Youth tinnies/ Day Badges Database

Hello Garry
Thank you for your answer, I think it should read 1938
I just bought this one, not rare but less common
the also for which Bann
thanks again
Jean Francois

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hello Garry
Thank you for your answer, I think it should read 1938
I just bought this one, not rare but less common
the also for which Bann
thanks again
Jean Francois

Nice one. With the date being Sept 1933 this will be the 1st rally of Oberbann 6 "Minden-Ravensburg". At this time Oberbann 6 consisted of the following Banne and had its headquarters in Bielefeld:

15 (Minden)
55 (Lippe)
158 (Bielefeld)
183 (Herford)
281 (Paderborn).

Good evening Garry
a big thank you, for your help, all this information is very useful for me, as well as the members of the forum
it's always nice to read you
Jean Francois

Good evening
I need your help for the tinnie in photo
no date, just a place
thanks in advance

Attachments

Hi Jean-Francois. About the location: The ruins of the Kaiserpfalz (Imperial Palace) Kaiserswerth (meaning: Imperial Island) belong to the city of Düsseldorf today. This, of course, also gives the location in the HJ area of the same name for that time.
Dating is difficult because Schirach had already inaugurated the "consecration site for Schlageter and 21 HJ "martyrs" on 13 October 1933 and it remained in use until 1945. At the very top, the Eternal Flame burned on special occasions in memory of Albert Leo Schlageter (the first time in memory of the dead of the Beer hall putsch ten years earlier). Pic: Eternal flame (Source: German wiki).
Perhaps the badge dates from October 1933, even if that is only a guess.

haha just logged in to answer this one and you beat me to it Jack. Nice one :thumb: Yes, there was also a link to the Schlageter Forum with the intention being to create an axis from there to the eternal flame at Kaiserswerth but the full plans for the former were never realised. I came across a newspaper article from 1937 regarding a Hitler Youth torch relay from the eternal flame at Kaiserswerth to the Schlageter Forum as the kick-off for a Gebiet 10 sports meet which was part of the Gau Niederrhein Gaufest in June. Anyway, as you say, an important place for the HJ.

Hehe, Garry. Maybe this time ;). But it's always better to get several answers with additional information than none at all. The forum could do with a bit more life anyway.

Hello
I am looking for what corresponds to the emblem with 2 heads of horses here are two examples
Jean Francois

Attachments

The crossed horses heads are an old, possibly germanic, tradition found displayed mainly on the gables of old buildings in northern Germany including Niedersachsen where Bann 78 was located. I think that's why they are being used here. Many heraldic symbols for towns use the crossed horses too.

Attachments

That's right, guys. The horse has been documented since the 14th century as a symbol of the ancient Saxons and their ruling house, the Welfen/Guelphs - the so-called Sachsenross/Saxon Steed. For at least 400 years it has also been found on the gables of Low German houses as a decorative element (the mouldings were intended to prevent the thatched roof from fraying).
The Nazis emphasised that it was an ancient Germanic symbol. To what extent is this historically tenable? At the very least, its use in prehistoric times is hardly provable.
In any case, the steed can still be found as a symbol today - for example of the post-war federal state of Niedersachsen/Lower Saxony or also in Twente's coat of arms.

A tinnie I posted here recently, Jungvolk-Treffen Wesel/Rhein 6-7 Okt 1933. I was able to find another tinnie from the same base plate but for a different time and event. Jungvolk-Treffen Rinteln 5-6 Aug 1933

Attachments

Got a photo of all my badges and tinnies,
Enjoy

Attachments

hello
indeed some are similar in form, with a different date or place, which increases searches, a very beautiful example that you show us
happy christmas to all

Hello
here is my last purchase, despite my research I can't find that what does BRACHET mean?
Thanks for your help
Happy New Year everyone
Jean Francois

Attachments

Hi Jean Francois,

Congrats on your latest purchase.

Brachet is the South German short form for Brachmonat or Brachmond, because the fallow field was tilled during this month in three-field farming.
The Nazis tried to replace the month names of Roman origin with Germanic ones. In other words - it is a synonym for June.

Back