Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
I have always assumed that the HJ-Streife CT was just a variant of the standard "HJ-Streifendienst" CT but it would appear from the regulations that it is a late-war item introduced after the restructuring of the HJ-Streifendient in Aug 1943/44. The orders state that "HJ-Streifendienst" CTs were to be handed in to the Bann/Gebiet so that the letters "ndienst" could be unpicked from them thus leaving them as "HJ-Streife" and therefore suitable for issue to personnel in the new HJ surveillance service (HJ Überwachungsdienst). The unpicking of the stitched letters is stated in a Gebietsbefehl (Pommern) dated March 1944 whereas Gebiet 29 Oberdonau, when discussing the introduction of the Überwachungsdienst, simply says that the CT "HJ-Streife" would be made available to personnel. Here is a photo of one in wear: I've bought a small collection

I used to own the example below and it appears to be an example of the type where "ndienst" was unpicked.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

New ID/Authorisation cards were also introduced at this time (Streifen-Einsatz-Ausweis) and an example can be found HERE (post #1, pics 1 and 2).

Attachments

I'm not sure if this photo shows the short form of the HJ - Streife CT or if this is the long form of the HJ-Streifendienst CT, which only appears that way from the picture.

Attachments

Here once again for a better view.

Attachments

Back