Just wondering whether this NPEA wore the "NPEA Wien-Theresanium" triangle. It would appear that the Wien NPEA had a hand in gaining control of the monastery in 1940 prior to it becoming NPEA Vorau.

Hello Garry,

all the NPEA institutions functioned in partnership with other institutions as Potsdam and Neuzelle.
It is for these reasons that all institutions had not all their own triangles as Vorau, Neuzelle, Rufach ..... etc.

Best Regards

Eric

Hi Eric,

Yes, it would be good to confirm that boys at Vorau wore the Wien-Theresanium triangle. This was apparently the case with Burg Strechau which was an annexe of Wien-Theresanium. Actually, I'd like to add the triangle to all 44 entries in post #1. Grateful for assistance!

So this NPEA should be added to the list in post 1?

Raudnitz an der Elbe (NPEA Raudnitz) Protektorat Böhmen Mähren opened July 1944(?) I have not seen a triangle ever for this NPEA.

So this NPEA should be added to the list in post 1?

Raudnitz an der Elbe (NPEA Raudnitz) Protektorat Böhmen Mähren opened July 1944(?) I have not seen a triangle ever for this NPEA.

It is quite normal that you have never seen the NPEA triangles of Raudnitz because they never existed.
Indeed, the last NPEA triangle manufactured was that of Sudetengau for the institution of Ploschkowitz, opened in October 1940.

On the other hand, there is a small error in Garry's list concerning Ploschkowitz:
- It is not the institution of NPEA Sudetenland but the institution of NPEA SUDETENGAU.
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Source: documentary about NS elite schools on the TV channel ARTE

Attachments

It is quite normal that you have never seen the NPEA triangles of Raudnitz because they never existed.
Indeed, the last NPEA triangle manufactured was that of Sudetengau for the institution of Ploschkowitz, opened in October 1940.

On the other hand, there is a small error in Garry's list concerning Ploschkowitz:
- It is not the institution of NPEA Sudetenland but the institution of NPEA SUDETENGAU.

Source: documentary about NS elite schools on the TV channel ARTE

Thank you for that info on the triangle. I looked for "NPEA Sudetengau" but all results in Google show "NPEA Sudetenland"? I see no entrys for Sudetengau. May they have got it wrong on that TV program?

I posted a postcard from my collection which highlights " Nationalpolitische Erziehungsanstalt Sudetengau ".
Also, if you have Ron Weinand's last book about NPEA daggers, there is a photo of the triangle, page 115.

Attachments

Great pic of the triangle Eric. Many thanks. I entered NPEA Sudetenland as the list from the RAD Verordnungsblatt posted by Wim here shows that as being the name. However, the triangle clearly contradicts that.

So, absolutely no chance that that this school had an "NPEA Sudetenland" triangle for a short time? Not questioning your knowledge mate, I just need to know that our list is definitely correct :thumb:

The triangle "NPEA Sudetenland" could not be worn, even for a short time because I think that the appellation " NPEA Sudetenland" was not retained despite the information published in the RAD Verordnunsgblatt from May 5, 1942.
I would not be surprised if the chief inspector of the Nationalpolitische Erziehungsanstalten, August Heißmeyer, was involved in this decision.

I posted a postcard from my collection which highlights " Nationalpolitische Erziehungsanstalt Sudetengau ".
Fantastic. First time I see the Sudetengau triangle. Does any member have an example of it in a collection?

Widukind:
"The triangle "NPEA Sudetenland"could not be worn, even for a short time because I think that the appellation" NPEA Sudetenland" was not retained despite the information published in the RAD Verordnungsblatt from May 5, 1942”.

I have seen the triangle "NPEA Sudentengau" being worn as shown. It must be extremely rare, as it is very uncommon to see the use of this word, surely within most of the NSDAP-organizations. Normally the word "Sudetenland" was in use.

When this area came into being for the HJ it was phrased as
"Sudetenland" (Gebiet 35),since November 5, 1938 and as such mentioned in the "Amtliches Nachrichtenblattdes Jugendführers" from November 11, 1938 (VI/22), as well as the "Vorläufiges Anschriftenverzeichnis", published by the Reichsjugendführung in 1939 and for example the "Reichsbefehl der Reichsjugendführung der NSDAP" from January 2, 1941 (1/41 K).
For the SA it was the district
"Sudeten", which came into being. As such phrased in the “Verordnungsblatt der Obersten SA-Führung” from November 24, 1938 (nr.196) and "Anschriften-Verzeichnis der SA" from the Oberste SA-Führung from March 20, 1942. Within the NSKK it first existed as "Motorgruppe Sudetenland" with the date November 4, 1938; one month later renamed as "Egerland". During the years the area was known as "Sudetenland"and as such mentioned in the "NSKK-Verordnungsblatt" from March 15, 1939 (nr.53). And so I can continue for other organizations.

In the
"RAD-Verordnungsblatt"from May 5, 1942 (nr. 114, page 108) it was mentioned as "Sudetenland" at Ploschkowitz near Leitmeritz. And so I assumed the name for the NPEA so would be "Sudetenland" in lieu to the HJ-organization. Here I was possibly mislead.

However the NPEA may have been in lieu for the name as for the NSDAP-organization. With Hitler-order161/38, as published in the
"Verordnungsblatt der Reichsleitung der NSDAP" from mid-November 1938 it was said: herewith I declare the Sudetendeutsche-areas do form the "Gau Sudetenland". Later this word was repeated in the same periodicalfrom mid-April 1939 with order 59/38. It is possible from this the word "Sudetengau" was derived for the NPEA-institution, but it was NOT specifically said!

Last edited:
Talking about NPEA Loben... This institution was built in Autumn 1940 from NPEA Naumburg's cadre with assigned teachers from Sudetenland. Leader of the organizational teams in Loben was SS-Sturmbannführer Prof. Franz Moschnitschka.

Talking about NPEA Loben... This institution was built in Autumn 1940 from NPEA Naumburg's cadre with assigned teachers from Sudetenland. Leader of the organizational teams in Loben was SS-Sturmbannführer Prof. Franz Moschnitschka.

Long time no hear. Good to see you back :thumb:

So Loben was (semi?)operational in autumn 1940? Do you have a reference for that which I can add it to the list in post #1?

Long time no hear. Good to see you back :thumb:

So Loben was (semi?)operational in autumn 1940? Do you have a reference for that which I can add it to the list in post #1?

Yes. In that time (Autumn 1940) it was known as NPEA Lublinitz and Moschnitschka was all the way busy, trying to recruit boys in Sudetenland. But these actions met with opposition from local authorities, because of NPEA Ploschkowitz's recruiting drive and because it was advised to Moschnitschka to reckon with the possibility of second NPEA institution in Sudetenland - and it was established! NPEA Raudnitz/Elbe, opened in June 1943. I will adress to that later.

Reference? It was, I believe, a letter, dated October 23, 1940 from some SS-Obersturmbannführer to Moschnitschka.

Loben was a Speech therapy school, located in the Ost-Oberschlesien, before it got snapped up by the NPEA.

Loben (Lubliniec) is located in Poland today.

The date of the conversion is indeed September 5, 1940 but the official opening is indeed April 1, 1941.
The Anstaltsleiter was indeed Franz Moschnitschka, but from 1942, it was Hans Brandenburg.
This institution had 5 classes and the total enrollment was 136 pupils in 1942.

Conclusion: a very small school compared to other schools like Oranienstein, Stuhm, Naumburg or Ballenstedt (Anhalt) that had up to 14 classes.

Source : National-Sozialistische Ausleseschulen Internatsschulen als Herrschaftsmittel des Führerstaates by Harald Scholtz 1973, pages 328 to 331

And here it is.

Attachments

Back