RZM 15 HJ honour badge possible steal?

crack

Thanks Received

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
I've just been sitting here looking at it and I think the dealer is right about it being a dud. The dot pattern, well, what we can see of it anyway, isn't like genuine RZM 15 Hoffstätter badges and appears damaged even in places where the overlying enamel isn't. The enamel in the HK is a little crappy too. I would say dud.

Who is the dealer?

Looks like the pin tip hasn`t so much as pricked a ballon, yet worn to ***** and gone?

I've just been sitting here looking at it and I think the dealer is right about it being a dud. The dot pattern, well, what we can see of it anyway, isn't like genuine RZM 15 Hoffstätter badges and appears damaged even in places where the overlying enamel isn't. The enamel in the HK is a little crappy too. I would say dud.

Who is the dealer?

Larger pic has the Philipp Militaria logo on it .
Like Garry I spent some time looking at this badge and just found all details "soft" compared to the known example .
The angled edge towards the stanzkante is rounded rather than having the sharp edge to angle. Reverse markings , show the same ... 15 looks fairly distorted. As mentioned , sporadic dot pattern and a needle tip showing zero wear just isn't adding up for me . Interesting ! :thumbup1:

Thanks guys. Yes, looking at again I can see what you mean.

It's a weird badge for sure. Would be the first fake maker marked 15 I come across.

Regards, Wim

Here is an RZM 15 Hoffstätter recently listed on Emedals ..#28054

Attachments

The B9085 badge that started the thread has a brother (same dealer):

Again, the numbering alone doesn't match authentic RZM 15 badges so I think that the dealer is right about these two being modern copies.

Attachments

Back