BDM West Hessen-Nassau sleeve triangle smaller than usual

Thanks Received
Hello guys,

Recently bought a kletterweste.
It is a non RZM weste and I think the triangle is not period applied, but dont know for sure.

Strange thing is that the triangle is smaller then normal.
Never saw that before.
It is well worn, but looks original to me

The weste itself is also very small. It fits a child from age 6-7!

Regards!
You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Triangles were manufactured in 2 sizes . ...For smaller shirts and blouses and Larger shirts and blouses .

Oke.. Did not know that
The ''Ost Sudentenland'' triangle I am comparing it with, is on a DJ koperbluse.. It's the same size koperbluse as the kletterweste is.. But then the triangle at the koperbluse is a normal sized..
I also have another kletterweste with a normal sized triangle.. That weste is also a very small one..
Interesting...

Thanks!

Here you can see the "large size triangle" on a small BDM shirt.

Attachments

Hi Werner I looked through all my district triangles and took a picture similar to yours that shows the difference in size very well -
hope you will like it !

Attachments

I'm not disputing any of the triangles shown in the thread but I'm interested in the issue of different sizes and whether these were officially approved. According to Wim Saris' book (p42) manufacturers were allowed a 5% deviation from the official size only and for this statement proof is required because I don't see any mention of different sizes of triangle based on clothing sizes in the regulations. Does anyone have a period source (or modern source with a footnote) that would support such an assumption?

Back