Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

How many makers of the diamond-shape Hitler Youth membership badge were there?

List last updated: 24th March 2017

This is the running list of HJ membership badge makers. As new confirmed makers come in they will be added to this thread.
    Note: to be included into this list the maker must be shown in a primary source and/or the badge must be fully discussed.

Without the M1/ prefix: Produced between mid 1933 to around mid 1935

noHJ1.jpg

NO MARKINGS [stickpin version] [image]
    GES.GESCH. [image]
    Hoffstätter-Bonn
    -GES.GESCH. [example 1] [example 2]
    Hoffstätter
    -Bonn-GES.GESCH. RZM [image]
    ZEUGMEISTEREI ÖSTERREICH [image]
    OECHSLER-Ansbach-GES.GESCH. [image]
    BOERGER und Co. [image]
    RZM 4 [cap badge (relic)]
    RZM 6 [image]
    RZM 8
    [image]
    RZM 9 [image]
    RZM 11 [image]
    RZM 14 [stickpin version]
    RZM 17 [image]
    RZM 18 [image]
    [another example]
    RZM
    N°25 [image] [another example] [relic]
    RZM 26 [image]
    RZM 29 [image]
    RZM
    31 [image]
    RZM 33 [image]
    RZM N°34 [image] [cap badge]
    RZM 44 [relic]
    RZM 39 [image]
    RZM
    52 [image]
    RZM 72 [image - relic]
    RZM
    75 [image]
    With the M1/ prefix: Produced after April 1935 / Opaque red badges are linked separately
    m1HJ1.jpgopak1.jpg

M1/3 [image] [opaque]
    M1/4 [image - relic]
    M1/
    6 [image] [another]
    M1/8 [image]
    M1/9 [image]
    M1/13 [opaque]
    M1/14 [stickpin] [image]
    M1/15 [image]
    M1/20
    M1/23 [image]
    M1/25
    M1/27 [image]
    M1/31 [image]
    M1/34 [image]
    M1/36 [image]
    M1/39
    M1/42 [image] [opaque]
    M1/44 [image]
    M1/52 [image]
    M1/65
    M1/66 [image]
    M1/72 [image]
    M1/75
    M1/77 [image]
    M1/78 [image]
    M1/85 [image]
    M1/90 [image]
    M1/92 [image]
    M1/93 [image]
    M1/95
    M1/99 [image]

M1/
    100 [image]
    M1/101
    M1/102 [image]
    M1/103 [image]
    M1/104 [image]
    M1/105 image
    M1/115
    M1/120 [HJ knife badge]
    M1/127 [image]
    M1/128 [image]
    M1/130 [image]
    M1/136 [opaque ] [further example - opaque]
    M1/137 [image]
    M1/138
    M1/139
    M1/143 [image]
    M1/145 [image]
    M1/
    146 [image] [opaque]
    M1/148 [image]
    M1/
    149 [image]
    M1/152 [image]
    M1/153 [image]
    M1/
    M1/156 [image]
    M1/157 [image]
    M1/
    158 [image]
    M1/159 [image]
    M1/160 [image]
    M1/162 [image]
    M1/164
    M1/170
    M1/171
    M1/172 [image]
    M1/173 [image]
    M1/174 [image]
    M1/
    M1/185
    Foreign Hitler Youth Badge Makers
    djHJ1.jpg

Hitler Youth in Croatia
    ZEUGMEISTEREI ESSEG [image]
    KNAUS-ZAGREB [image]

Hitler Youth in Hungary
    Unknown at present [image]

Hitler Youth in Slovakia
    Unknown at present [image]

awaiting further suggestions...
    Fantasy and fake makers marks
    HJ1ab6.jpg

OTTO HOFFMANN-ORANGE Dutch Hitler Youth (No such orange diamond existed) [image]
    OTTO HOFFMANN
    -GES.GESCH (Although there is period proof that the name Otto Hoffmann did exist, no original badges are known by them to date) [link]
    RZM-GES.GESCH (Original badges are not known to date with only the RZM logo and the Abb. Ges.Gesch) [image]
    NO MARKINGS (Although original unmarked badges are known, fakes are also known with no markings) [image]
    DRGM (No period HJ badge will have the Abb. DRGM) [image]
    BM1/
    122 (Pure fantasy markings) [image]
    M1/34 (Although a legitimate makers number, fakes are also known using this number) [image]
    M1/52 (Although a legitimate makers number, fakes are also known using this number) [image]

Once again i post this question ......Also how many made them for daggers ??number

Last edited by Jo Rivett; 11th September 2016 at 10:33 AM. Reason: RZM 17 added

Quote Originally Posted by petesav View Post
    Once again i post this question ......Also how many made them for daggers ??
    I think you mean the HJ-Knife? the HJ never had any Dagger, it was called a "messer" or knife... and your question relating to these is not possible to answer, unless you destroy HJ knives just to see the back of the diamond for a makers mark.
    And even if you did, you would still not have your answer. (unless you broke apart every HJ knife known - and even then you could not be 100% sure)

Even if 100,000 people contribute to this thread and list all the known MMs on HJ-diamonds you will still have no guarantee that that maker(s) actually made the badge.

At the very best, with contibution from others, you will get a "possible makers marks to encounter on original HJ post-1933 membership badges, cap badges and HJ knife diamonds " list and thats it, you will never know all of the makers.

.. and you will never know if one maker who made cap badges also made membership or knife pins (Prong-backed) etc etc...

Then there are the early 1933 cap, knife and membership diamonds that have no makers marks, and those that have only GES.GESCH. - impossible to attribute.

Please login to view user info
    Thank you a nice list.This s what i was after .I think i can add about 6 to this list.Best regards Pete

Quote Originally Posted by petesav View Post
    This s what i was after .I think i can add about 6 to this list.Best regards Pete
    Maybe you would care to share your extra 6 makers ? That might help others in the future who are also looking for similar info?
    Yes?

With pleasure.

HJ Knife I have M1/63
    Also for Student Badge M1/63
    HJ Diamand i have M1/34 M1/105 M1/154 M/171 Hope tis has been of help.I have 2 more comming soon dont know numbers yet will keep you posted.Many thanks.Pete UK

Good question Pete. Bit harsh there Jo but I agree with you. A long-running thread like the one on WA is dangerous in my opinion because it indirectly legitimises every badge shown. Of course the majority will be legitimate badges but the danger is that without researching the maker we don't know whether he actually made HJ membership badges.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    At the very best, with contibution from others, you will get a "possible makers marks to encounter on original HJ post-1933 membership badges, cap badges and HJ knife diamonds " list and thats it, you will never know all of the makers.

have added the numbers supplied by pete to the list of makers who made membership badges, but like garry said just because a badge has one of these numbers on the reverse doesnt automatically make it genuine

are there any members who have HJ badges by a maker not yet listed ????

M1/95 - m1/184 - m1/185

I had a small M1/20 badge.

Regards

Antonio

Where did your list come from Stu?

Hi Jo,

Do you see the makers on Stu's list repeated in your primary sources? I know that you wouldn't have put up your three if they weren't shown in a primary source but can I assume that you agree with the makers on Stu's list? That would be helpful and would enable us to have an ongoing list in a new thread linked to Pete's here.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast